xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheKoolAidGuy

Lap Top Hard Drive

What kind of hard drive would I need for a lap top?I just got this lap top from a friend of mines dad and the hard drive only has 27gbs of memory.I was just wondering what size of hard drive I would probably need to buy?~Thanks

What kind of hard drive would I need for a lap top?
I just got this lap top from a friend of mines dad and the hard drive only has 27gbs of memory.

I was just wondering what size of hard drive I would probably need to buy?

~Thanks

27 GB is OK if you're not installing too much stuff. If you're a gamer, I guess you need one with at least 80GB space.

27GB will not get you anywhere these days but in order to figure out what you computer has for a hard drive, you right click on MY Computer > click properties > click the hardware tab > device drivers > then click Disk Drive and it will tell you the name of the hard drive. If it is a name brand laptop then get a hold of them and see what they recommend for it as well.

Yea I plan on doing more with this lap top then just your normal every day stuff. Probley run a few servers on it heck idk :) But any way thanks for your help and suggestions I will have contact compaq(Hewlet Packard) about the hard drive.~Daniel (TheKoolAidGuy)