xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Essential Actionscript 3.0 Book Review

Even though this book covered the basics of ActionScript 3.0, I felt that this book is above a beginner’s level in programming for ActionScript. The reason I say that is that this book guide you through building a prebuilt set of scripts. Which is all fine and dandy, but for someone who has a hard time trying to learn programming languages to be able to code from scratch. I want to be able to learn of which I attempted to do so before my computer crashed on me and lost everything. In my opinion, unless you understand ActionScript and know how to use it then this book is ok. Of course you also need the time to be able to sit down and try to understand this book, which I didn't have much of and of course I am a copy and paste type of programmer. However, if your a programmer who is able to remember beyond the basics and can grasp programming languages like ActionScript, JavaScript and even PHP then you will be able to enjoy this book and learn more effectively from it. Of course with ActionScript the core for flash and flex being able to work with these two programs will help make you a stronger developer in the web 2.0 world. I would recommend checking out ActionScript 3 Bible or any other ActionScript books by the same publisher.

Can purchase this book here or at the O'Reilly website

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)