xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Software To Take Out Singing In Songs? I know its sorta far fetched xD

I know it's very unlikely, as it's probably kinda hard for a program to pin point voice in a song and get rid of it...but is there software to do such a thing? The only way I know to do it is to get a Guitar Pro version of the song...but it usually doesn't sound anything like it then :) Any suggestions?

I found someone post a link to this plug in for WinAmp. http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm The problem is that none of these programs are perfect because they may also take out parts of the song. This version is at least five years old though so you might be able to find something similar that is more updated and better able to do it. I have also heard of a program you have to pay for, it is called Cool Edit but you have to pay for it.

I don't know what should I recommend. I know of only one program which could help you (I don't know how much, but... :P ). It's called Audacity its open-source and multi-platform (Win, Lin, Mac) and you can grab it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/ .
I hope this app. will help you, because it helped me a lot in the past making compilations of songs, and taking out the refs. in songs :)

if its mixed a certain way, you could import it into the aforementioned audacity, split it into two stereo tracks and invert/flip the phase on one of them, depending on how its mixed it could remove the vocals.... among other things :)

I found someone post a link to this plug in for WinAmp. http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm The problem is that none of these programs are perfect because they may also take out parts of the song. This version is at least five years old though so you might be able to find something similar that is more updated and better able to do it. I have also heard of a program you have to pay for, it is called Cool Edit but you have to pay for it.

Cool :D Cheers. I tried the Cool Edit trial, it sorta worked. All it mainly did was make the vocals quieter, although I could sort of live with that. But the trial only saves the first 60 seconds anyways :D I'll try the WinAmp one later, coz I'd need to re-install WinAmp :)

But thank you :(

I don't know what should I recommend. I know of only one program which could help you (I don't know how much, but... :D ). It's called Audacity its open-source and multi-platform (Win, Lin, Mac) and you can grab it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/ .

I hope this app. will help you, because it helped me a lot in the past making compilations of songs, and taking out the refs. in songs :P

I'll have a look at it later, looks pretty simple enough to work out :D

if its mixed a certain way, you could import it into the aforementioned audacity, split it into two stereo tracks and invert/flip the phase on one of them, depending on how its mixed it could remove the vocals.... among other things :P

That just sounds....confusing :P but thanks I guess :D

Well What about Instrumentals? Also if there was a program that could do that they should do it themselves and and have pre recoarded versions of the song meaning if i wanted instumentals to the song Noots by Sum 41 They would listen to the song and manually take out the voice.