xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Me Trying Draw And Paint A Human Head Photoshop painting

Here's my attempt to drawn and paint in photoshop. Its not my first but probably my best attempt so far from trying create something from scratch. I started off with initial sketch of the outline of the head and face structure I wanted and trying to keep things proportional. I have a book that describes it but its kinda hard to understand at times so they supply images as well. The book is by Burne Hograth and its called dynamic anatomy. He is a master in this field and I think the guy who created spawn character learned off this book too.I hope to be a fraction of their skill one day :). I don't consider myself an artist but I'm surprised my shading and painting is improving so much. I'm still not happy with everything especially the features. I still dont know how to draw them properly and correctly but I think I'll keep learning and improving. I will use this post to keep track of this painting through its phases and update with more screen shoots. I don't know why I'm posting this really but I guess I just want to show you that painting isn't awfully too hard if I can do it then you guys can too. Don't feel like you cant draw or paint or you lost your talent if you try you can do it. We have such a huge community here and everyone is all into computers and web hosting why isn't there anyone who is into drawing :P?I'm sure everyone is creative in their own way. Art and painting is just so awesome I'm so disappointed I didn't keep doing it through high school. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ranting on about this if your not interested in art as much as I am all good to each their own. For those who are interested in seeing some awsome work just go to you tube and search for speed painting. Most of it starts off real basic and look horrible but in the end the results are unreal. PeaceSone

post-45102-1217922015_thumb.jpg

post-45102-1217922079_thumb.jpg

post-45102-1217934677_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

... I think the guy who created spawn character learned off this book too...

For you trivia buffs that would be (in Jeopardy format) : Who is Todd McFarlene?

Silliness aside, that's not half bad Sone. If you stick with it you are bound to get better. When I started learning how to draw I read How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way. It is a bit outdated now in terms of style but you can still learn a lot from it should you choose to pick it up.

As for myself I don't draw half as much as I used to but I still do a bit of pixel art on occasion (check out my album here on the boards). I even have an old (since around 1998) gallery over at Elfwood. It would be a great community for a growing artist like yourself to join. And yes you are an artist, just in the rough.

I think it looks good! I like drawing too so it's great to meet a fellow artist. I used to draw a lot too, but I mostly draw anime-style. I don't draw often now because I'm busy, but I still love admiring art.

wow some of your stuff is amazing thanks for sharing. I'm not as original as I would like to be at the moment so I mostly have to copy reference pictures but I'm hoping to get to the stage where I can remember how certain things are drawn or suppose to be drawn and then create my own. Here is a painting I attempted to do about a year ago its of this artist I like cookies for anyone who guesses her name :)

I did still do not know how people paint hair its so hard to pull off.

I think it looks good! I like drawing too so it's great to meet a fellow artist. I used to draw a lot too, but I mostly draw anime-style. I don't draw often now because I'm busy, but I still love admiring art.

Yeah it does take a lot of time to produce art that's probably the same reason why I didn't do it as much but seeing other peoples work inspires you sometimes and makes you want to create your own.

post-45102-1217948041_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)