xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alice123

Half Life Vs Counter Strike, Whats The Difference?

Our package just got here last week from China with these really cool CS figures from http://liangdianup.com/ that I bought for my son. He is only 8 and I am starting to think that the computer game is a little too violent for him but the toys are kinda cute and harmless. Does anyone know if these characters have names? You can see them at this page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ unless they moved them by the time you read this. I have heard some people call this game half life, is there a difference?

Yeah that games pretty violent for a kid. The game is a mod of the original half life but its not correct that they be calling it half life since it is a completely new game all together. Its just using the same game engine I think as half life did. Maybe the game engine it self was called halflife engine? I dont know.

Alot of difference in present in these two great games. First of all. Counter-Strike is online based. So it is very different from the single player experience of Half-Life 2. The Counter-Strike characters do not have names, they are just placed into groups; Terrorists or Counter-Terrrorists. Half-Life has many characters and a deep storyline. They are both pretty violent games. But I don't think you should be worried or anything, nothing too graphics here.Sam.

Edited by samlockart (see edit history)