xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAlex

Olympic Basketball- Who Will Get The Gold Medal? lets guess~

It is so hot now in northern China. The first 20 days of August is the hottest period in summer here.The temperature is high, but something is even hotter.it is the Beijing Olympic games~ :) coming soon, only in 4 days!wow, and for me ,the basketball games will be my favourite.there will be 12 teams playing, the best 12 national teams of the whole world.they were split into two groups(A and :D in the preliminary round.I will be sitting in front of the Tv then ~.Let's see How the Olympic Tournament Works? Preliminary Round, 12 Teams - August 10-18 Format: Each team plays every team in their group once. The top four finishers in each group advance to the Quarter Final Round. My country's team has YaoMing, I hope they can pass the first stage of the whole Olympic Basketball Tournament. In the last Olympic Games In Athens, they were the 8th, finally. I wish them good luck.at least, they should not be worse than the national team in the last Games.Quarter Finals Round, 8 Teams - August 20 Format: Eight teams are seeded based on preliminary round finishes. Single elimination matchups take place between A1-B4, B1-A4, A2-B3 and B2-A3. Semi-Finals Round, 4 Teams - August 22 Format: Winner of A1-B4 faces winner of B2-A3; winner of A2-B3 faces winner of B1-A4. The two victorious squads advance to Gold Medal game. well , in this round ,I think the four teams are : the USA, Spain, Argentina and Russia.Finals Round, 4 Teams - August 24 Format: Two winners in Semi-Finals round compete for the Gold Medal, while the two losers compete in the Bronze Medal game. and the champion, I think , should be the USA, this time ,they will send their best players to the Games.Kobby, Lebron James....SO cool~

Heck if they lose to China later today, I will give all my credits away (not really) USA has no competition when it comes to basketball, but of tell that to the 2004 team. Of course, I know the women will win because lets face it the womens division around the world are the weakest. Of course I hope they cream Russia though because of that American who is playing for them even though she has no ties to them whatsoever.

How time flies! :P The round 2 has finished and the round 3 is coming soon.The China team lost both two matches. In the first match, they lost to the USA. It is no wonder because the USA is the strongest basketball team in the world, I think.What made me happy is they didn't lose too much, you know, several years ago they lost more than 60 points to the USA in a match! This time it is only 30 points, and the USA sent their best players,look at these names:Kobe,LeBron James,Dwight Howard,Dwyane Wade....wow!so I should say they are making progress.And in the second match, China vs Spain. It is the best match of China I have ever seen. Spain is the world champion,but at the end of the third quarter, they were still in 14-point deficit. At that moment I was thinking, will China win this match? OMG, that would be a wonder.However, Pau Gasol finally lead his team to a victory after a 5 minuts overtime.What a pity, but it was a wonderful match. 5 hours later, the third round will begin! :)

USA will win. They are much too good this year, with seasoned veterans on the team, such as Kobe, Jkidd, an older Dwade, Lebron, and Melo, and all those other great players. And also the great coach, Coach K! They will win no doubt.

bottom line, if team USA actually plays, there is no way they can loose. all you have to do is get them to play defense and its over. Last time Larry Brown pissed off the whole team, and they didn't try.

The Dream Team imo. No ifs, no buts. Their talent is simply too good, not to mention most of their players play in the best basketball league in the world, the NBA.

Semi-finals:Lithuania VS Spain,USA VS Argentina.Yes, I think these four teams are the best four.They will play wonderful basketball for us, to win the Olympic Gold Medal!Argentina, the men's basketball champion of last Olympics,will play against the Dream Team!Manu Ginobili from Spurs is one of my favourite NBA stars, as well as Scola from Houston Rockets.Players of Argentina are older than 4 years ago, I think they are not as aggressive as they were, but they are more experienced.Maybe they can make some real troubles to the Dream Team.There are still 20 hours to go before we can see the match.Enjoy~!

The Dream Team imo. No ifs, no buts. Their talent is simply too good, not to mention most of their players play in the best basketball league in the world, the NBA.

a little late to make such a bold statement :). btw they all play in the nba, not just most of them :P

Have you watched the final match USA vs Spain?What a wonderful match!It's no doubt that the USA will get the gold medal again after 8 years, what made me surprised is that the Spain team played so well!!They kept showing their amazing ability from the beginning to the last 1 minute, which made the NBA super stars nervous during the whole match.So the USA should now know that it's very correct to have made the decision to send the best players to the Beijing Olympic Gamed.If it wasn't so, they couldn't get this gold medal.Althogh NBA is the best basketball league in the world, the difference between the other country's national basketball teams and the Dream Team is not so much as before. This is the best basketball match for me in 2008, so far.

Yeah I did watch that game and I was completely shocked that Spain was giving USA that level of competition, I wouldn't be surprise if Spain comes back in 4 years and beat USA for a gold medal or just beat USA. Heck I couldn't believe the pushing, shoving, elbowing going on between these two teams, it was like watching street ball or something. Either way Spain was always a big favorite to earn a medal in the Olympics, but to be quite honest I think USA was slacking and they did miss quite a few shots themselves and stuff. Either way, Team Redemption brought back the gold to USA.

Have to agree, that Spain really did put up a good fight in the Gold Medal final of the Basketball. But at the same time, I'm thinking Team USA might've taken Spain a bit lightly there, thus Spain suprising them a fair bit and making the USA earn their win, which is something that Team USA is not used to in Basketball. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if a few talent scouts go after a few of Spain's players for the NBA. But I dont know much about the Spanish Basketball team to make a further comment

I think the rule have an impact how the team USA performed against the gold medal match between them and team Spain. I think the rule is in FIBA rule, as what Tim Duncan said he will not play anymore under the FIBA rule.