xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Pen Tool why do you get blocky curves in your paths when filled

Ever use the pen tool in Photoshop or illustrator to draw shapes and then fill them with color or even stroke them? Sometimes with certain curves you get blocky edges and they show real rough. How do you minimize this if any at all? I notice they appear on some curves but not all. The paths I draw look fine but when you fill them its just horrible. There is no other thing I can think of and changing the path angles would defeat the purpose of having that path drawn that way. Is it just because of the extreme angle of the curves or is there something else to it?

Isn't Illustrator verctor based? Anyway, in Photoshop, when creating a new document, just increase the DPI to like 600 or so. This will make things appear more vectorish, but will make the filesize become pretty drastic. I'm not sure how to increase the DPI after creating the document, though. It's been a long time since i've used Photoshop.Also, it is better if you place the paths on their own layer and the colors on layers below it.

I'll try that out. The reason I turn it into pixels is because my final working area is in photoshop. I draw all my shapes in freehand (illustrator now) because thats what I am used to and it also had more controls for me to manipulate paths. In photoshop I never got how it work fully because I did all my paths in freehand back when I was learning about vectors.I guess I just need to keep looking at it more in photoshop. they have been improving a lot over the versions so maybe there is more control for paths in PS CS3.