xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

Mybb 1.4 Is Here! At long last...

Today, at 12:32PM (GMT +10) MyBB 1.4 was officially released!

From Chris Boulton:

I'm very proud to announce that MyBB 1.4 has been released and is now available directly on the MyBB website.
MyBB 1.4 is a great leap forward in terms of both functionality of the board as well as a complete overhaul of the administrator control panel. There are over 70+ new features that have been built in to MyBB and the MyBB code base has almost doubled in size since MyBB 1.2.

We've also updated the MyBB Website to contain a feature tour and full feature listing for what's available in MyBB 1.4: https://mybb.com/.

We recommend that all users upgrade to 1.4 so they can take advantage of the great new features in MyBB 1.4, but we recommend you plan your upgrade first. More information on upgrading and changes to templates, themes, plugins and languages can be found below.

From me personally, I'd like to thank all of the MyBB staff both past and present for the fantastic work they've put in to MyBB 1.4 - it's been a long time, but I'm ever so grateful for your dedication and support of the MyBB project. A huge thanks should also go to our beta testers who've been on the MyBB 1.4 beta from the start, and finally for the community for their fantastic support.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-34565.html

Extremely good news! It was supposed to be out by the end of 2007, but a delay to Aug '08 isn't that bad, considering it is a very good quality product and forum software. Best of all, its free!

I will definitely use MyBB over phpBB now. If you are looking for a good forum software, choose mybb!

Regards