xisto Community
lanrod

Is The New Iphone Worth Buying? esp. if i already have the original IPhone

I have the original IPhone and it is really sweetHowever I know some people with the new IPhone, and they claim its even better.[below are some of their reasons] --3g network --the apps --stylingIs that stuff and maybe more worth the money to buy?

Ok you need to remember all of the software that the new iPhone comes with you can put on your old iPhone with the 2.0 update. The only features you will gain are the hardware features, which would be the 3G speeds, and GPS, and the new case. After you do the 2.0 update on your old iPhone you will get full access to the appstore and push.

I don't personally own an iPhone but I would suggest you stick with the iPhone you already have. If you feel you need the extra hardware upgrade and need the faster 3G speed, then get the new 3G. As galexcd said, you can get many great apps from the appstore when you update your iPhone to the new firmware update. Just hold off on buying a 3G unless you need it or just want the latest.

Yes. U can just update ur phone to the newer version. U will get all the extended features the new iphone comes with. So, no need to buy a new one.

Well I wouldn't quite say no need. The two major hardware upgrades may make the new iPhone worth it for many people. Many don't like the slow speeds of EDGE and want faster speeds. The only big downfall to 3G is that the network isn't nearly as big as the EDGE network is, so you might have to turn 3G off in some areas to get a decent reception. And the GPS is wonderful for people who want to take the phone with you in your car and use it to navigate a new city. And there are some applications that require the GPS functionality to work (like Loopt).

I won't suggest the iPhone to anyone. Maybe I'm a bit biased. But I'm a lover of Android Phones!Android Phones has a better User Interface to me. Android is Open Source so this means instead of just 1 company working on the code, an unlimited number of people are able to do so. This has many advantages because open sourced software tends to be more secure than proprietary software because thousands of eyeballs are pouring over the code every day. Holes in the software are quickly found and patched.

Edited by PhoenixGFX (see edit history)