xisto Community
lanrod

Batman - The Dark Knight one of the best movies ever?

I was just wowed as I sat watching the movie on opening night!

The acting is just spectacular (especially the joker |the late heith ledger|)

Also the sound effects are amazing, esp. when accompanying the myriad of fight scenes.

and, does anyone else dig Batman's gadgets throughout the movie as much as I do (which is alot!)

what do you think about the movie?

Notice from truefusion:
Moved from Death and Dying forum.

Haha... definitely the wrong category to be posting in. :D I went to go see the movie after NOT hearing a bad thing about it... and I was pleasantly surprised. I loved Heath Ledger's portrayal of a psychologically-demented Joker (as opposed to being not-so-serious :D ). His character was definitely one that would get under your skin thanks to his approach to things as well as his demeanor, not to mention that he is FULL of dark humor. (I LOVE his disappearing pencil trick. :) ) Christian Bale always delivers a rather nice performance in all of the movies that I've seen with him so far, so it wasn't a surprise to see him fit the Batman role. Although Maggie G. isn't, in my opinion, the hottest thing since toasted bread, she looked the character of being Bruce Wayne's cute best friend and crush childhood sweetheart. And Gary Oldman always delivers. :D I highly recommend this movie to anyone, and for anyone considering the IMAX version, plan on reserving tickets a few days in advance. They're ALWAYS sold out on the night of the movie... which tells you a lot, most likely. :D

I have not seen this movie yet, but I havent not heard anything bad about it either. Everyone I know that has seen it says its a great movie and that the Joker Character was awesome, that they could not have picked anyone better to play the part. I will be going to see this movie someitme in the near future.

This movie was flat out brilliant. This is an epic drama masquerading as a comic book film. Not for kids though, the themes of the movies are sometimes dark and disturbing. Makes for great post-viewing discussion though. I never thought that a comic book film could be this thought provoking and on so many levels. Still I've read some solid graphic novels that were, so I guess it was only a matter of time until a director took that faithful step and show the medium as more than mere kid's stuff... A welcomed change, one can hope that this is the direction Hollywood will be moving in with regard to movies based on comic book characters...though I doubt it...but I still hope

This movie is awesome saw it twice and I saw an article today that people believe this movie is going to hit the 400 million dollar mark with the numbers that is has produce in the last 3 weeks. Of course I haven't seen to many articles or discussions about if Heath Ledger was still alive would have made as much money because his role as the Joker. Of course, you can't really say no because of how awesome he did in this movie. My next comment is a movie related spolier

But sadly though I think this franchise will be put aside for awhile because of how it ended and the fact that no one will be able to replace Heath Ledger as the joker. As I a sequel with the Joker would be perfect to help really develop these two heroes of good and evil.

I saw Dark Knight last week. (in the cinema :) ... unlike most I think some movies deserve to be watched on a big screen, with friends around) When I first heard about Dark Knight I said "Not another Batman movie!". It's still fresh in my mind the movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the bad guy... I know Batman is a comic, but Gotham was way to dark - the movie looked more like the comic rather then a movie. That's why I didn't like that Batman, just as I hated (after being totally disappointed) by 300. So when I decided to go to Dark Knight I was pretty skeptical even with all the great reviews, income and first spot in the IMDB top.So how was it? Good, but not that good! Dark Knight is a good movie, maybe the best movie based on a comic, but it's a long way from the top 10 movies of all time. Somewhere in the top 50 would be much more fair. The strong point of Dark Knight over other movies based on comics is the fact that it shows the psychological part of the characters a part which was never explored so much in any other comic based movie. The second strong point is the acting which I have to admit deserves one or two Oscars... Christian Bale was great, but the performance of Heath Ledger was fantastic... Also the soundtrack is one of the best I ever heard! But overall it's hard to put it even near top 10. I know it is very subjective, but I just didn't like it so much as to put it in "best movies of all time".One last thing... Why in the name of God did they cast Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes? As I was watching the movie I was telling my friend how "not hot at all" she looked. I just checked her age on IMDB and although she is just 31 she looks much older and she is far from hot. Her acting was good to excellent, but I am sure they could have made a compromise between brains and beauty. A superhero can't have such an ordinary girlfriend :P Overall this movie is somewhere between 8.5 and 9!

I've Seen the Dark Knight 4 times, and I highly recommend this movie to ANYONE.Heath Ledger's performance was astounding as the JokerThe whole movie was well-acted and the action scenes were very realisticChristian Bale's performance as Bruce Wayne was Pretty good as well, but I hate his Batman voice(as well as the suit, too tight)The Harvey Dent character was well played and deserves a lot of creditPersonally, I didn't find Maggie G. all that attractive, but she is a great actress!This is def. the best Superhero movie ever10/10

I liked Batman Begins aside from the questionable casting of Tom Cruise's wife as Dawes, so I had high hopes for the Dark Knight.Heath Ledger put on a fantastic performance as the Joker, and is the highlight of a movie that I felt was a little bit too long. A lot of things happen, but much of those things are overly long set-ups to put characters in the same room or to explain otherwise implausible devices. The drama in the movie is tainted by the semi-allegorical take on Batman's saga into a kind of right-wing apologetic explanation of the most gregarious excesses of the current administration in the White House. It's hard not to see the Joker as anything but a gay terrorist whose only wish is to destroy America.My only other criticism is that they should have made it an R rated movie because it really felt like the movie had to keep pulling its punches.That's not to say that I hated the movie, but I felt that it could have been so much more if it had not been dragged down by the weight of evils that are justified only in the name of the greater good.

I loved this movie. Although I only saw it once, I wouldn't mind going out to see it with other friends again. There was just so much suspense. I don't care too much for the "Why so serious?" meme but whatever. Kinda odd how they can do two villians' stories in one movie.

I too was pretty skeptical when I was heading out to watch Dark Knight. I mean how many super here movies which are hyped up turn out to be *BLEEP*. The answer is loads. However, this movie was different. The script, the screenplay, the acting, the background. All of it was awesome. Heith Legder deserves the praise he gets. I doubt anybody could have performed the role of joker better than he has. It's a pity he isn't around to see his work appreciated. As for the movie the whole movie crew deserves an applause. I would rate this movie 9/10

You took the words out of my mouth, literaly.I thought it was an awsome movie too, actually, for me, it was the best movie of 2008, at least so far, not that i did not like other movies, also a lot like this one as well but, concerning action movies like this one, this is the best so far.

The Dark Knight is definitely one of my favorite movies ever. I loved Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker so much, and each time I see it, it just baffles me how well he played his part. He mastered everything from walking, to sticking his tongue out, and pausing at the right places. And the cleverness of the plot was great too. 10/10 for me.

I was at this in the cinema..I was very suprised from this film..I havent been a Batman fan,but this film was one of best movie ever...Joker was really good..Like he was always Joker :lol: I loved this film..One Batman,One City,One story, One super motorcycle and there is a brutal story ^_^10/10 for me too...

I agree it was an amazing movie. The batman movie series has been saved. Batman forever and batman and robin really ruined the franchise. I was pretty skeptical when I saw batman begins, which was also an amazing movie. These past two movies have been really amazing. I hadnt seen any good super hero movie in a really long time. I am glad they saved the franchise :lol: