xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Accure

More Than Just Free Hosting Would it be better to host more than websites?

I was wondering.. I love Xisto and its a great way to actually host a decent forum.. but.. would it be possible to also host gameservers? they shouldn't be that big and it depents on ur credits how many slots you've got.. for example: I've got 49 credits, and a regular slot for a random game costs 7 credits. Do the maths, its a 7-slot gameserver. If u want a 30 slots gameserver, you'll need 210 credits for 1 month.. I can promise you that hosting gameservers will gain Xisto loads, and i mean loads of new members. I know, its more expensive, since it takes more of the internet connection.. but you'll also gain more money by the advertisements u can make on the servers, and more members on the forum. Since it requires a high creditamount per month alot of peeps will be very active.Please tell me what you think about this idea,Greetings, Accure!@

It is a good suggestion and all but missed a major factor, a gaming server takes a huge load and it would be big enough to keep having websites go offline. Also bandwidth is getting very expensive and you can give that much for free on a gaming server and so the closes you could get with a decent gaming server is through the Xisto - Web Hosting VPN package or something similar that has a lot of space and bw to be able to run a gaming server.

I see the point.. but as long as you put the right amount of credit needed and a nice special server for gaming up, it wont keep them down.. And, it'll get alot of new customers wich can might make more sponsors, so more money for servers... I was just brainstorming some :)