xisto Community
Accure

Family Guy Vs. South Park What is the best comedy serie?

What is the best comedy?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a fan of pretty much anything that's related to comedy. I personally prefer SouthPark over Family Guy, but I heard there are alot of fans of Family Guy..

For the ones who dont know what what is:

Family Guy

Family Guy is an animated American television sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane and airing on Fox. The show centers on a dysfunctional family that lives in the fictional town of Quahog, Rhode Island. The show uses frequent "cutaway gags," jokes in the form of tangential vignettes that do not advance the story.[1]Family Guy was canceled once in 2000, and again in 2002, but strong DVD sales and the large viewership of reruns on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim convinced Fox to resume the show in 2005. It is the first canceled show to be resurrected based on DVD sales and the only one to be resurrected twice on that basis.

South Park

South Park is a two-time Emmy Award-winning, animated American television comedy series created and written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone for Comedy Central. The series has been distributed and aired by Comedy Central since 1997. The show is well-known for its pop-culture parody, scatological humor, and satirical handling of current events.

Since its debut on August 13, 1997, the show has aired 174 episodes over 12 seasons. The twelfth season began airing on March 12, 2008, and the second half of season 12 will premiere on October 1, 2008.[1]The show is contracted to produce new episodes through a fifteenth season, until late 2011.[2] In 1999, South Park was made into a feature-length film titled South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

Edited by Accure (see edit history)

I would say the first 3 seasons of both shows were good as they had idea's to work with but not it seems they are having problems trying to create new stuff. Although, South Park usually goes afters people fads and events that happen in the world but either way I just don't find it as funny anymore. Sure, I watch it but that is if there is nothing else on at the time. I give Family guy a few more seasons before it is canceled because there is no way they could last as long as the Simpsons have, which in itself is a Miracle since trying to create a new and unique story gets harder and harder each time.

I have basically watched a lot of the seasons of South Park since it had come out. As for Family Guy, I guess it is like the new Simpsons... I don't really get to see too much of any of them lately.I would have to add the Simpsons to the list and say that I watch it more. South Park started out really hilarious, but then these last few seasons and shows were just getting to be too much even for me. And I think Family Guy goes a little too into the odd details, that it doesn't even fit with the storyline. Funny, yes.... but the writer goes a little too far with 'putting the touches' to a joke.I would still watch them, when they are on. I have kids that will not be watching either of the two. I don't really mind if they watch the Simpsons, but my wife and I are the only ones watching Family Guy and South Park.I think they will all go on forever, because the writers know what is funny, popular and very catchy.

I personally am a family guy fan.I am not sure if there is anything more offensive to every crowd, yet absolutely halarious
To be fair though, I have not seen many south park episodes.
So maybe my opinion is slightly biased.

Notice from Kubi:
Copied from other posts.

I would have to go with Family Guy. I am not a fan of South Park at all. It just doesnt make any sense to me. lol I have to admit that I have watched South Park before and laughed at a few parts of it, But jsut not really a fan.

I love South park. Stone and Parker are really funny guys. They are still interesting after 10+ seasons. Family Guy, to me, looks like a bad imitation of The Simpsons

My view : family guy vs south parkFamily Guy Vs. South Park

I am  a fan of both Family guy and southpark shows,I have 1-7th seasons of southpark (also, the movie, and few dvd and vhs of it)And 1-5 seasons of family guy so I think I have a pretty good side of oppinion.I think both are really great shows.One is not better then the other,It just depends on the kind of person you are 

-reply by Lanie D.

"family guy vs. south park"Family Guy Vs. South Park

I used to be both a family guy fan and a south park fan then south parks cartoon wars came out, and broke the tie.  Honestly how can their be any contest between the two after that.  I'm not just referring to the pot shot at family guy either.  The very fact that Mat stone and trey parker had the balls to defy comedy central, and defend what they believed in, places a vast canyon between the two shows.  Sure south park has it's share of fart jokes, and most of the time it's completely pointless, but most of the time the show uses these pointlessly grotesque jokes to prove a point.  Family guy on the other hand is 90% pointless jokes and 10% Brian telling the evil Christians how horrible they are.  I still think Seth Macfarland is a funny guy, but honestly family guy is just a reference here a 5 minute chicken fight there, and a forced message that fails to hit it's mark in the end.  South Park on the other hand holds a mirror up to society and actually confronts its viewers, and in the end that's what comedy, at its best, does.   

-reply by hi there

I was/am a fan of South Park, I really like South Park as it always has an Idea and most of those ideas are really good, they usually know everything I usually I agree with everything they show, what is shocking that they can really make you laugh from the truth! I mostly liked South park from season 1 to season 10, later it just become more boring to watch, even though in some situations it was also really funny, but not as much as it was in previous seasons !!!I also like Family guy, even though I started to like it more since the season 3 to season 6, now they just show something, I just watch it, because I have nothing else to do, but some series are really funny, I like to laugh, even though I guess it's even more funny to Americans, because sometimes I don't know all the situations or celebrities they recall :DSo I vote for South park to be more funny for me, family guy would be the third, because in fact I really liked Futurama, if we are talking about animated comedy.. Simpsons is something I liked years ago though, I don't even watch the new episodes, even though as I understand they're showing it on TV on my country channels too, I turn it off or if I can I watch.. saw several episodes, but anyway, nothing special anymore.To add something.. American dad for me was really awful, I couldn't watch it further, saw the first 4 episodes and I just don't want to waste my time on it.. :D

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

It's a stupid question that everyone knows the right answer (south park) :(i mean, you can't put two thing that aren't the same, family guy sux, south park rules in a poll. South park defenetly

To be honest they are really good shows but south park and family guy do not do new shows there starting to get a bit boring' and they are both racist but atleast family guy actully put in a b.L.A.C.K pupil in the show.Family guy is much more funnier for episodes like the bird haha.South park is boring though

South Park v Family GuyFamily Guy Vs. South Park

Psychologically, just by seeing the title of my post starting with South Park already shows I'm extremely biased to South Park. I've seen every episode of both many times, but the jokes in Family Guy lose their luster, and in South Park there is always a very hidden back message that requires a pretty decent amount of intelligence to discover; Family Guy rarely does. The characters in South Park, I also find a lot more appealing. All the characters from Family Guy can be summed up in a sentence, whereas the characters from South Park have deep personalities, even though the untrained eye can miss them.

-reply by Adam S

Southpark really is good sure it has probably lost attention by now,and family guy with they thrive on jokes to stay alive i like family guy even know it's a bit f*cked with the jokes you can't really say at the animation is bad it is good,southpark relys on dissing a religion,person or sometimes they actually do something of there own to make sure they ain't braking the bar,lately they trie to pick on muhammed a religius figure and all about why he cannot be picked on they censored it when the episode aired but i assure you it was not in an attention of a joke and trey and matt stone did not know untill it aired,family you are good its a surprize you are even still on but good work,and southpark pat your shoulders you deserve it after 15 seasons you will be missed. :)

I was/am a fan of South Park, I really like South Park as it always has an Idea and most of those ideas are really good, they usually know everything I usually I agree with everything they show, what is shocking that they can really make you laugh from the truth! I mostly liked South park from season 1 to season 10, later it just become more boring to watch, even though in some situations it was also really funny, but not as much as it was in previous seasons !!!
I also like Family guy, even though I started to like it more since the season 3 to season 6, now they just show something, I just watch it, because I have nothing else to do, but some series are really funny, I like to laugh, even though I guess it's even more funny to Americans, because sometimes I don't know all the situations or celebrities they recall :D

So I vote for South park to be more funny for me, family guy would be the third, because in fact I really liked watch Futurama, if we are talking about animated comedy.. Simpsons is something I liked years ago though, I don't even watch the new episodes, even though as I understand they're showing it on TV on my country channels too, I turn it off or if I can I watch.. saw several episodes, but anyway, nothing special anymore.

To add something.. American dad for me was really awful, I couldn't watch it further, saw the first 4 episodes and I just don't want to waste my time on it.. :D

I'll have to agree with you except for the fact that I really love American dad. Futurama is a great show but to be honest my favorite is King of the hill. I've watched it endless number of times and I just can't get enough of it...

SP is really nice, funny and witty but sometimes it's kindda boring...