xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burgen

Pictures Of Titan

"15 January 2005
This composite was produced from images returned yesterday, 14 January 2005, by ESA's Huygens probe during its successful descent to land on Titan. It shows a full 360-degree view around Huygens. The left-hand side, behind Huygens, shows a boundary between light and dark areas. The white streaks seen near this boundary could be ground 'fog' of methane or ethane vapour, as they were not immediately visible from higher altitudes. As the probe descended, it drifted over a plateau (centre of image) and was heading towards its landing site in a dark area (right). This dark area is possibly a drainage channel which might still contain liquid material. From the drift of the probe, the wind speed has been estimated at around 6-7 metres per second. " from ESA website.

The picture:
http://esamultimedia.esa.int/esamultimedia-esa-int-404.html

other pictures:
http://www.esa.int/ESA/ESA_old/New_images_from_Titan2

These photographs are absolutely stunning. I find it simply amazing how the guys over in Europe managed to pull this one off...a seven year trip, hundreds of thousands of miles, and all the data in the world to prove that this monumental trip was not a fluke. Amazing stuff, I say, I really can't wait to see where we go from here...these are exciting times, I must say :rolleyes:

You got that off a website word for word you make sure you give credit to the site and not copy their material. Please revise your post!

42070[/snapback]

Which one of them coppied it word for word, the guy who started the thread or the guy that replied?

In my opinion, people here should be allowed to copy posts from other sites, if they give full credit to the author, what do you all think?

Which one of them coppied it word for word, the guy who started the thread or the guy that replied?
In my opinion, people here should be allowed to copy posts from other sites, if they give full credit to the author, what do you all think?

Actually the guy who started the post. But still i think this is pretty reasonable to accept because i mean its just to inform people. But it is the rules here you cant copy anything from anywhere even if you give credit. Admin says he will ban or take away credits....