xisto Community
AbdurahmanL

Magnitude 5.4 Earthquake Hits Los Angeles Area Today

It was a 5.4, and I was right in the middle of it. Everything was shaking, and it was pretty fun in my swivel chair. There weren't any injuries or damage though, and that's great! It was just a scare for everyone. I wasnt scared though. :)

That is scary news from Abdurahman for the Los Angels population, an 5.4 Magnitude Earthquake is very strong, dangerous for anyone, even for the people that have protection in their houses, i mean, under their houses and places like that.I can not talk technicaly correct because that is a subject that i did not talk a lot in my entire life, but i know that a magnitude of 5 concerning the evaluation of an Earthquake pretty much how big they can get, i did not even knew that there was Earthquakes bigger then a 5.0, and you are saying a 5.4, so that is going to scare a lot of people today, i just hope nobody dies.Good luck for the Los Angeles Population.

5.4 is strong, and with it only being about 7 miles deep, I am amazed there wasnt any more damage then there was. But as MSNBC was saying, Wake up call.

Actually funny story about this quake. I just purchased the season 2 of Eureka on DVD to re-watch to remember the storyline for season 3, and the earthquake happened during a scene where there was some kind of sonic boom or something, and for a good 5 to 10 seconds I thought it was my subwoofer rattling the house, and then I realized that it was a bit too much for my sub to be causing... Fortunately I was far enough away from the epicenter to not really cause any damage, the aftermath was a bit more scary though... Another earthquake means possibly more trouble down the line. The lack of earthquakes have lulled us into a false security. Great... better start tying down the furniture.

I experienced the earthquake and I don't ever remember experiencing a quake before so this was a first for me. I was still in bed when it happened - I stayed up really late the night before - and the quake actually woke me up. :) The most that happened from what I saw in my room was my deodorant falling off my dresser but that's it. Still it was pretty unexpected and as Echo of thunder said - Wake up call.

I have alot of family in Burbank. Right in the middle of where everything happened. I called them that day everyone was fine. My aunt was a little shaken up, and grandma almost lost her balance in the kitchen. But other than that everyone was ok. There is talk going around again about THE BIG ONE. I remember years ago when I lived in Ca. Burbank area. I think it was in the 80's There was alot of earthquakes going on that year. I was living with my Grandparents and would call my mom crying sayin I wanted to go home. We were having lots of earthquakes and that was when all the talk was going around about the BIGONE and that a big chunk of California could break off into the ocean.. Does anyone else remember this?