xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eukristian

Windows 7

One year after the official Vista release , Microsoft is already working on the next Windows operating system , Windows 7 , also known as Blackcomb or Vienna . Windows 7 Milestone 1 Build 6519 , the first working version of windows 7 , has already leaked to the w a r e z community , but it doesn't differs much from Vista . The release is set for late 2009 / 2010 . So what do you think about Windows 7 . Of course that the work on Vista continues , as it's not yet perfect but will soon be.

Of course the leaked version is not going to be much different from Vista because it probably is Vista with a different name. If it is under development they are not going to have that much new yet, that is because it is in the early stages. I am still a fan of Windows XP and at the moment do not really care for Vista. I run both on my laptop but XP runs a lot faster overall. There will have to be some improvements on the speed and capabilities of Windows 7 in order for me to purchase it unless it comes with a new computer in the years to come.

Hi,unless they re - build the next version of windows and delete all the legend code it has in it, it will just be slower and more un - gainly much like vista compared to xp....If you google it there are leaked emails from Bill Gates to one of the head or R&D at microsoft saying where are all the advances that i was told about...His exact words are...I cant find anything I want....Well tbh i will let you make your own mind up whether the man who brought us win 95 a major stepping stone in the advancement of home pc tecnology is still in charge of the mighty force he created over a quarter of a century ago

From what I heard Windows 7 pretty much is the Vista upgrade in some fashion since the GUI hasn't changed all that much, but odds are they are trying to work out the speed issues and what not. Of course, if Windows out performs Vista by more then 10 percent in all the benchmark test then Vista is just like ME and Windows 7 will be like XP. Either way I doubt I get myself a copy of windows 7 until at least year but of course with all the hard drive space I got on my desktop I could always dual boot Vista with Windows 7.

I hope that Windows 7 fixes all of the bugs, crap, and speed problems that Vista has.....They could possibly remove some major graphic features because it takes up too much RAM and makes the computer slow... Along with Windows 7, I bet that they are going to release a DirectX 11 plug-in that is only compatible with Windows 7 just like they did with Vista and DX10.

Are you sure it is officially in development, from Microsoft themselves? You'll never know, it could be some people who are just making it up. Like modifying Vista files then releasing it as another name; 'Windows 7'. I, myself, don't think that Windows 7 will be released. The next operating system which will hopefully be released is 'Windows Vienna'. Thats all I know for now. But lets wait and see until 2009-2010, whether Windows 7 will actually be released from Microsoft.

The next operating system which will hopefully be released is 'Windows Vienna'. Thats all I know for now. But lets wait and see until 2009-2010, whether Windows 7 will actually be released from Microsoft.

The next version of windows will be Windows 7. "Windows Vienna" was the code name for this project. And Microsoft recently changed it to Windows 7. As per some sources Windows 7 will be the final name for its next product(Windows 7 was also code name, but many people saying that Microsoft confirmed recently that Windows 7 is the final name for its next OS).
Microsoft is planning to ship this version Windows 7 in 2010. Windows 7 will be built on some Vista's foundations just like its Server 2008. Some of the major changes in Windows 7 are Kernel, Virtualization and Sensors. Microsoft is also improving User Account Control.

Microsoft has created a new application User Interface for Windows 7. It is codenamed Scenic. It will give applications a new look and feel. And it is customizable also. The special shell folders(like music, documents etc.) are renamed to Libraries.

Some other changes are Support To mutli-touch technologies, Removing the sidebar, Small number of bundled applications and changing its Windows Security Center's name to Windows Solution Center and added new monitors. This Windows Solution Center will also monitor backup, troubleshooting etc...

Windows 7 will include Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player 12, Windows Media Center and Latest Microsoft Paint softwares. And many sources are saying that Windows 7 will use less RAM and other resources compared to Vista.
Hope Windows 7 will rock like Windows XP.

Heh, so after reading this what I am understanding is that Windows 7 is an 'upgrade' over small parts of Vista.So more or less we are going to be paying for fixes that should already be in the current one?:)I'll stick with XP until it dies and then decide what to do from there. I just really feel that they should fix all of the Vista issues before working on a new buggy system.

Well get ready for the kicker, Microsoft plans on pushing out a Vista Service Pack 2 the same time Windows 7 comes out which is roughly 2009 now. Now if you been following articles about windows 7 being a vista upgrade you understand the irony in all of this, even though Microsoft says Windows 7 is a major release even though it improves on vista in every single way you can think of. The funny thing about this even more about this development is that with Windows 7 being far more superior the vista, some expect for most people just to Vista altogether now.

Eh, for me to really determine which one is "better" I would have to see Windows 7 in a completed form.The worst part about new OS's to me is that they are bugged out beyond belief for so long...Even Vista...Took months after release before most things were compatible with it, and some things STILL aren't(Gamespy Arcade for example)I just can't stand when you're pretty much forced to do an 'upgrade' to a worse operating system than you already have. It would be like saying "Sorry you XP users, we're now upgrading to Windows 95!"It just doesn't make sense.The only things that would make me even *consider* getting Windows 7 anytime within the few years after its release are for the following:1)It has to be a HUGE upgrade. Not just a small graphical, and not even security. Every OS(Yes, Windows 7 is included) has a lot of bugs and exploitations. Therefore the "security" of it isn't an issue with me. And look at Vista's upgraded security. It harasses you constantly. I just disable my security.2)It has to be cheap. No more $300 upgrades for things that really don't help that much to begin with. I find XP to be the best OS still, even after Vista has been out all this time.3)Things must be compatible with it. I wouldn't even think about 'upgrading' to Windows 7 if most/all of my stuff wasn't compatible. Nothing is worse than trying to run something you use daily just to get rejected by the system.

i've never heard of windows 7 until now lol. is it like an upgrade for vista?

No. Its a new version of windows that is currently under development. Microsoft is plannig to release it in 2010. It has many features that Vista lacks...And probably, a new look also. And many hypes are there that it uses very less RAM also. Lets wait to see what Microsoft will say about it.