xisto Community
Forbez

Just Purchased A Domain...

You'll need to set your nameservers through your domain host to;

ns1.trap17.com ... ns1.computinghost.com

ns2.trap17.com ... ns.computinghost.com

Notice from jlhaslip:

(This part may take UP TO 72 hours depending on your domain host).

And then you must park the domain through our cPanel. If you need more details let me know.

The name servers in the previous post (even after correction) are still wrong :)

Log in to your domain's control panel (with your registrar, whoever you purchased the domain with) and find the section where you can change the nameservers. Change them to:

NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM

NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM

Then log in to your Xisto cPanel ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) and click on the Parked Domains icon. Fill the information in and your new domain should work. If it doesn't work then try again in a few hours - as Kubi said, it can take up to 72 hours for changes to your domain to make it round the world.

Can you park more than one domain name through Cpanel?I have these 2 domain names I purchased this year, and I have applied for Xisto web space, indicating that i would like to use one of these 2 names. But I would like to park both domain names on my account, is it possible to have one of them point to a subdir?I don't understand how hosting service work, do we have a dedicated ip address on here? how does the nameservers resolve to Xisto's THOUSANDS of subscribers, does it take THOUSANDS of ip addresses?Anyway, this is an amazing service, i'm glad I found it. My domains will be no longer orphans :)

Can you park more than one domain name through Cpanel?

I stopped using Xisto's hosting services (which is the same package Xisto offers) some time ago, but I think you can park more than one domain.

But I would like to park both domain names on my account, is it possible to have one of them point to a subdir?

Parked domains are used when you want a domain to do the same thing as your main domain - point to public_html. If you, however, want a domain to point to a subdirectory of public_html (e.g. because of a completely different web site), that would be an add-on domain, which is also available. So yes, it is possible.

I don't understand how hosting service work, do we have a dedicated ip address on here? how does the nameservers resolve to Xisto's THOUSANDS of subscribers, does it take THOUSANDS of ip addresses?

As far as I know, all Xisto users have the same IP address, which is the address of their server (GAMMA, isn't it?). It wasn't possible to have a dedicated address before, but with the new Credit System a dedicated IP address is one of the things you can buy :)