xisto Community
Kubi

Speedtest - How Fast Do You Think Your Network Is ISP Battle Royal

We can all say "Oh my ISP is the fastest", but lets let Speedtest prove that, shall we?

Simple go to Speedtest.net and click a location to link to. Best to do the recommended server(Yellow Pyramid). Wait a few seconds while it tests your connect upload/download speeds. And you should come up with a result like this;

Posted Image

Lets see who can beat THAT! :).

YAH another bragging topic, well mine is in my sig block, thinking about boosting up to either 6-8 through comcast, although at $53 and $70 a month still trying to decide on that one. Of course I could go for their business plan and get myself a nice 50Mbps connection, which is quite a waste for one user and I don't think I could afford that monthly price tag either.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Another brag topic? We've been through this. You're just mad because my internets are faster then yours.

I've used Speedtest.net quite a few times, mostly whenever I think my connection is slow. However, I have a problem with it. My ISP is AOL Europe but SpeedTest always detects it as Carphone Warehouse Broadband Services. I'd like to know if any other AOL users in Europe have this problem.As for bragging rights, I think I can officially say I have one of the slowest connections. 1781kb Download and 180kb Upload is my average, and I'd say that's pretty poor. Then again, I do share a router with two other computers, one of which is always connected to the internet...

On this slow computer:

Posted Image

On that computer *points left*:

Posted Image

Can't beat Kubi :)

I'm on a 24 megabits/s connection, that can get up to about 1.9 megabytes/s with parallel connections..

Edited by Nabb (see edit history)

This is why the phrasing "up to" should be banned from advertising for ISPs:

Posted Image

My connection is advertised as "up to 8MB". I know I'd never get that (I went with it for the unlimited download bandwidth) but many people don't know that, and assume they get the advertised speed.

Edit: Seems I'm faster connecting to Germany...

Posted Image

Keep in mind the differences in meaning of b and B. b is generally bit, B is generally byte (iirc). Speedtest.net returns values in kilobits by default, and your provider is probably 8 megabits/s (=1MB/s).

"My" router is kind of broken so I will blame it for that. I live in middle of nowhere, so there was only one internet provider we could choose. How horrible. We pay way to much for this. I tried some different places around Europe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are my results. I tested at the same server a couple more times and the results varied greatly so I think I might have gotten lucky on my first time out on this test. I am happy with my internet the way it is though. No need for me to add any speed.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

well for me i am just a kid and I am the one paying the internet so I only have around 256Kb/s of download and 191Kb/s of upload..(lazy posting results)but anyways.. after I got a job i will definitely upgrade for a much faster connection..

Apparently, my network sucks.....

Posted Image

T.T, Kubi beat me by a landslide...... The process of testing the speed was interesting..... like a car~!!

I have a relatively medium connection if compared to the relative internet speeds in my country, it was faster few week ago, but I guess it's loaded now and it's slower. I'm getting a 3 times faster connection next week. Here you go:

Posted Image

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Local (metropolitan) results:

Posted Image

I'm paying for a 3Mbps connection so, by these results, I'm getting my money's worth.

I had no idea that my upload speed is twice as big as my download speed. That doesn't even make sense. Wouldn't it be better if it were the other way around?

Test results for the other side of the globe:

Posted Image

It seems I should be able to download faster from the US than from Bucharest. Confusing, no?

Just for laughs I'll post (tomorrow, I guess) the speed test results for my workplace.

Edited by EinReaper (see edit history)