xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cangor

Friend's Tough Financial Situation, No Work

Hi,One of my best friends is in a really bad situation right now...his dad got laid off about six months ago and hasn't been able to find a job since, and money is quickly running out for them. It's causing a lot of problems at home and stuff and he's really worried about it and I don't like seeing him unhappy. :) I guess the job market is just pretty crappy right now, but I wish I could do something to help my friend and his family. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Yeah, finding a job now is difficult. But what about "mi casa es tu casa"? Currently the best thing i can think of, as i don't see any other way to help unless you can provide his dad with a job. I'm not an employer nor do i believe i live in the same area, so this is as far as i can help.

The most you can do is just be there for your friend, to listen and provide emotional support. Like truefusion said, you can't give his father a job, and you probably shouldn't offer financial support because it might be insulting. Perhaps remind your friend of all the cases of people who have searched for jobs but been successful. Just be reassuring and upbeat, and take his concerns seriously. It isn't your job to solve the problem, but you can help ease the worry.

Clear out any unwanted stuff and sell them at a garage sale?Is your friend good in making music? Drums, piano, organs, flute.1 musical instrument.Or baby crying or laughing.Any audio that people may want.If so, have them recorded and send them to me. I will place his audio online for sale. I do the copywriting, ads/promotions, design the pages, etc.We can split the sales proceeds. Signing of online agreement ifterms are acceptable. The rest of info can follow.

Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

Thanks for the advice everyone...wordpress_lover, thanks for the offer as well...I compose a lot of music but my friend doesn't and he'd never accept charity but me and some of my other friends have been able to help his dad with a job search so we'll see what comes of that.

I truly understand how it all works and how it all feels. I have been there myself. I had been working with a triple position at a small firm. I had basically kept myself busy, but even with tons of overtime, I was still being replaced after my 'probation period' was over.I was unemployed for almost a whole year, and it was hard to make things meet. But I had to learn to do what I could, and understand that stubbornness was not an option. Pride plays a huge part in life, and it is hard to accept a lot of things.It is nice to try to help others the way you would like, but sometimes being a shoulder to help lift friends up and great listener is tons of help. Some people will deal with these problems like they don't exist. Repressing it can only help for a bit so that families can cope without having huge hardships. Right now, our income is in trouble, and this job will be a huge help. But for a while, it was rocky trying to cope. I am glad to see that you are there to help your friend, and things can get better. Good luck and keep being a good friend.

Hi,One of my best friends is in a really bad situation right now...his dad got laid off about six months ago and hasn't been able to find a job since, and money is quickly running out for them. It's causing a lot of problems at home and stuff and he's really worried about it and I don't like seeing him unhappy. :) I guess the job market is just pretty crappy right now, but I wish I could do something to help my friend and his family. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Dear friend I really appreciate your helping and friendly nature. You are a real gem at your heart I should say. Your friend should be proud of you being his friend. By the way may I know which type of a job your friend is in need of and what is his qualification. 

Yes.Things are tough right now.The only thing to do is stick by yourfriend and roll with the punches so to speak.Things will get better.The economy goes in cycles and always has and alwayswill.With that,the job market will improve.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

I'm very sorry to read this post. But as it was stated above, dont let this get you down.Encourage your friend to set up a membership here on Xisto. There is plenty of support here for him if he is willing to learn more about the internet and its posibilities.I believe, now in these hard times, that setting up shop yourself is a better way to go if you cant get a job. Their is much potential for the likes of your friend to pick a hobby of his, and let the world know more about it. With a bit of creativity along with his interests he may be able to set up a site or blog of his own.Im sure this guy has qualities, so he must use them now to his advantage. And you must also remember that their are many more people on the same side of the water as him.