xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kurisu

Should I Get A Wii?

I am just wondering, I have an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3, I am pretty much bored of them. Is the Nintendo Wii worth it? I heard the graphics were pretty shocking.

Good luck even finding a Wii for MSRP. Well... maybe not, since everyone's Wii Fit crazy now. :) There's a reason why these things are sold out pretty often. The console is a lot of fun, and it received criticism as being a novelty, but if you actually play it, you will either be impressed or mildly amused. A lot of people shun the console because it, as a next-gen console, came out with mediocre HD capability (720i, if I remember correctly), not to mention that it was a new way to play, which was a good and bad thing. (Some people don't like change.) More criticisms included it being a kids console with all of the Nintendo games and titles geared more towards a family-friendly audience. If you look past all that and actually played some of the games yourself, you might actually find it to be quite fun, as I did.I thought I outgrew the Mario Bros., but Super Paper Mario was rather enjoyable. Rayman: Raving Rabbids is still one of my favorite Wii games because it's random and fun to play, especially with friends. I wasn't a big fan of the Mario Party board game concept, but using the Wiimote and Nunchuk to get through the challenges against other players was pretty cool. It's not always about the graphics (and I'm a sucker for eye candy); a lot of developers seem to have forgotton that the game has to be fun to play too.As far as I've played it, the Wii isn't exactly the console that you can actually sit back and lounge in the couch to play. It actually makes you want to get up to do stuff. Not a big exercising gig, but it definitely will make you sweat with some of the games that require more physical activity.After all that said, I have to say that I don't use my Wii a lot myself. I actually go out to friends' houses to go play their Wiis, because it's much more fun to be able to play with people side-by-side. :D

Ive got one myself and say.. yes, go for it.. Now u actually are doing somethin instead of those joysticks :)

Most of the games on the Wii console tend to be family-friendly oriented or a "kiddy" kind of game (as I myself own a Wii console, and basically all my games aside from the games like WiiSports have Mario in them). Well, I guess if you don't mind playing those type of games (playing with friends is fun). Currently I am playing Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and they are both pretty good/fun. The main difference in the other two consoles and the Wii is the sensor feature I guess, so if you prefer moving around a bit, then the Wii is for you (and your friend/family too)

This totally depends on the type of gamer you are. If you are hardcore, go for Xbox or PS3. If you want something different, and do not mind less choice of games, Wii would be good. So far, in my opinion the best Wii games are those Wii Sports games, such as tennis.

Yea like most of the people said the Wii is for family based games to have fun with the family,friends or just a group of people. If your one of the adults who's looking for high action paced games or games rated M or over theres not much the Wii can offer thats why next gen consoles like 360 and ps3 has been released, if your looking for graphics the Wii doesn't have that much to offer, don't get me wrong im not hating on the wii I own one myself and I only touch it if I get bored with my other consoles.but if you look at it statistically wii has sold more consoles than its other competitors. But the Wii does have much to offer, bluetooth technology almost everything being wireless so you can't go wrong with that and if your one to play with the family or friends alot the wii is a perfect console that. but if your thinking of getting games like rockband of guitar hero and you want the extra songs , the space capacity for the Wii isnt enough and your better off getting the 360/ps3 versions. Also the online gameplay is not that great alot to still be improved on.

The Wii is actually a really great system with games that are fun playing solo and playing multiplayer. I have one and I say it is definitely worth purchasing. Games like Super Smash Brothers: Brawl and Mario Party are a lot of fun to play with friends and stuff, but of course you have your single player games like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Super Mario Galaxy. The Wii is a great system, and even has good graphics on a few games. I would highly suggest getting one :)

Yes, get a Wii. It is more excercise :) . I love the Wii, I play it at a friend's house and I wish I'd gotten one of those instead of the PS3 lol. I like my PS3, but let's say you like a boxing game. Instead of pressing a million buttons you swing that Wii remote and knock that sucker out. It's tons of fun, and plus it's more healthy that the games you would sit on your butt playing.

I'd get the Wii, because it is actually doing something.It isn't a lazy man console where you sit back in the couch and play the games.Wii Fit seems fun, some of the other games are interesting. Such as RE4 and Mario Kart Wii.