xisto Community
Davor

Athens 2004

I remember when I was a kid I spent numerous days/nights/weeks/months playing Olympic games at the playing machines(I don’t know how you say it in English).For PC there has never been something that is even 10% as good.Now we have game Athens 2004,that has pretty good control system,which makes it really addictive and playable.When you play it with a friend,it’s even better.Supported sports are athletics,shootins,swimming,gymnastics…

Well i have Athens 2004 and i think it is a Cool game and i luv dem games like athletics games.I used to play Sydney 2000 for PS1 That was Good aswell.I think you are way cool for luvin athens man.Respect man.

They have video games for the Olympics. Heh, weird stuff. I can't imagine what kind of controls they have to utilize for the different kind of sports...I mean, how the heck are you supposed to swim? Press A and B to move the arms and L and R to kick the legs? I really don't know...Or like Track & Field? Will someone please tell me how that works?They could have just settled on making another carbon copy of Madden Football, but NO, they had to make things SO much more complicated! :rolleyes:

Well for Athens i thought the controls would be like well ard but infact dey is well easy.To Swim use just press x and O As fast as you can.That is the same for Running Aswell.Also you could use a dance mat to run instead by using to pads and runnin on da spot as fast as u can.That about the jist of it

Hey! I played those arcade Olympics games as well! It took some time (and a valuable lesson from an older kid who was a Whiz at these) before I realised you're supposed to relax while playing this. I used to stand at the controls all tensed up, fighting the joystick, sweating like a pig. He challenged me to a duel just to show me how it should be done.He beat me with one hand behind his back, completely relaxed, working WITH the stick instead of fighting it. Long jump, javeling, sprint... Amazing eye-opener.

I havn't played Athens 2004 but I used to have Sydney 2000 and that game stank. That was a real shocker of a game and by the end of a 30 minute session your keyboard would be lucky to not have lost function of a key or two. The whole game was just banging on the keyboard constantly and when you played two player it was just a contest of seeing who could bang the keys quicker. I hope Athens is a lot better than this, is it available on PC?

Yup,Athens 2004 is available for PC-it's a 1 CD game.Athens 2004 is much much better than all other similar releases in previous years. In fact,review in one computer magazine in Serbia firmly stated : "Fianlly,and we mean,FINALLY,we have a really decent simulation of Olympic games". It's worth playing,especially it is really good when you play it with 3-4 friends. Another thing that I strongly advise is to use an old keyboard if you have.It's really bad to destroy your new keyboard because of a game,even though this game is more about the rhytm of pressing the keys,and not just pure speed.Enjoy!