xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kagome Higurashi

Ideas For A Book Put your ideas for what a book could be about.

Ok. This is kinda long, so you could just scroll through it instead of reading it completely. :) I don't have a name for this yet, and only one character.So this isn't that long yet but it will be. Genres:Manga,Fantasy,Fiction,Comedy (Kinda) Characters: Shiori (Name might change) About Them: Shiori - a 15-year old girl that is shy and isn't open to anybody and hardly talks since her parents wre killed. Kato-Shiori's Younger brother. 9 years old. A Playful and talkative little boy,unlike his sister. Places: Japan,Karimuri Village (Names might change) Time Period:Fuedal Era of Japan Short Summary: The main charachter,Shiori, lives in a small village in the middle of a valley.Both her parents were killed by demons.The only relative she has is her little Brother,Kato who is sick right now.All is peaceful in her village. One day, Shiori goes out to pick Herbs for her sick brother. She hears a scream, and sees smoke coming from the direction of her village. The village was being attacked by demons! She droped the herbs and ran into her hut and grabbed Kato. She rushed to get out. Her hut started to fall apart. The boards started to fall down behind her. She got out just before the hut collapsed. She and Kato joined the surviving villagers on the outskirts of the village. Whle the others talked She set Kato down on the ground and asked him if he was ok. He had inhaled a lot of smoke, and was coughing. He was ok, except he needed some water. She went to a nearby stream. She was tired from carrying her brother, so She laid against a tree and took a rest. She woke up and said out loud "Oh,No! How long have I been Asleep?!" She got up and came back with the water. To her surprise, everyone was gone. Where did they go? They couldn't have been eaten by he demons, or she would have heard screams. "I should have listened to what they were talking about!" She thought. "They can't be too far. I wasn't gone that long." She thought for a second. "Oh no! They could have went 1,000 leagues by now! I must have been asleep for hours!" She went in the direction of the village to see if they went there. She stopped half-way there. "What am I thinking? They wouldn't go back to the village! The demons might still be there!" She turned around and went the direction opposite of the stream. She fond herself lost in a deep forest. She said to herself "It's okay. They'll see that I'm missing and come back for me." Then she screamed when she heard a rustle in the bushes. "Ahh!" "Why are you screaming sis? It's Just me." Said a familiar voice. It was Kato. Shiori gave him a big hug! "I'm so happy to see you! I got seperated from you and the others and I got so scared!" "Come with me so we can meet up with the villagers." He said it in a weird voice. Shiori asked "Are you all right? You don't sound too good." He cleared his throuht and said "I'm fine. Let's go!" She noticed he was walking fine even though he was sick. She brushed it off and followed him through the bushes. That's all I have for the summary right now. My fingers are tired, but i'll continue it later.Well I'm open to suggestions on what it should be about and names and stuff. You can say if you liked it or not... just don't say something too mean when you review it! Just say "It needs ______" Or somethin. Bye! ^.^

Edited by Kagome Higurashi (see edit history)

Actually you really haven't given a lot of information yet, like genre and time period and the synopsis, so it's hard for me to give any suggestions. But I think the name's you've got are all right so far. They are nice, unique and not too complicated. I think Shiori is a really nice name. But you should start thinking about what kind of genre you want. Is it going to be fantasy? drama? historical? comedy? And you do have to decide on the time period and country (real country like Japan? fictional?), because that will actually affect the naming of your characters and places. It will be good if you just write a short synopsis so we know what you want to base your plot on. It's your own book you're writing, so you need to know what you want for it before we can help you :)

well my suggestions will be ...what about kato being really into her sister, in a good way of course ...because if his parents were killed then he will look at her sister as his mother. The personality of Shiori should be introverted but with a really motherly love for his only brother. You should also define the las names of the main characters, at least. That will be another step on developing where they come from and giving a more solid background story to the characters. If you want it to be a dramatic script, the what about the dead of the father was because one of the demons possessed the mother and in that possession she killed her husband...but because he loved her so much he couldn't defend against her even tough he had a small family knife...the demon leaves the body and she in her desperation kills herself for killing her love one with tha same famil knife which shiori founds and treasures. And what about they being rich but after the attack the kids have nothing left no properties no money, no nothing. Shiori's mother used to be a priest but left everything for her husband, and because of that Shiori overheard histories about how in an Ancient cave she can "call" her parents..because thats the entrance to the other life. And the story its about the journey of Shiori, and the key to find the cave is in that familiy knife.Sorry for my english

It sounds like a good beginning!One thing that niggles at me is that I don't think Shiori would fall asleep while fetching water for her brother. As tired as she is, she would make her way back to him before dropping. If you need her out of the way because something happens that changes her brother and some/all of the villagers - as it seems from her brother's actions when they find each other - then I suggest that some of the villagers, along with Shiori, are sent ahead to scout for a safe path out of the forest, where the demons are roaming I assume.As for what it should be about, it sounds good for a tale of conflict and how it affects people. The focus of the story will come out of the sub-genre. A drama will concentrate on Shiori and Kato, and how they cope. An adventure will focus on the fights they get into to survive. Of course, one doesn't exclude the other.I suppose a good way of writing on from here would be to discover that the demons actually work for someone - another bigger demon or more spookily a human - and Shiori decide to avenge her parents by taking them down. Since we are in the realm of fantasy, Shiori could have some as yet undiscovered magic. The bad guys could know about that or not. One way or the other, she could discover them, either because she is know a teenager and this is usually when powers start to manifest or because of a traumatic event freeing them, say Kato being kidnapped or the death of another person that is close to Shiori.Just a few ideas ;)

BOOK IS A WONDERFUL THING IN THIS WORLDWE SHOULD STUDY ONLY THOSE TYPE OF BOOK WHICH PROVIDE WITH LOTS OF NEWS as we know that book is the ampele sour5ce of energy. we should study that books only which help us to improve our knowledge

Notice from rvalkass:
Merged another double post.