xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

Audio Files?

I need some help. Is it possible to get audio files off of sites? Like IMEEM and YouTube. I know the whole http://www.file2hd.com/ thing. It doesn't always work though. Are there other ways? Is there a way people hack audio files off of sites?

NOTE: I DO NOT WANT DO THIS!
I merely want to know so that I can protect my sites from it. Thanks.

Anything's possible.Right now I imagine off the top of my head downloading the FLV file from the Flash app, converting the FLV to a workable video format, then extracting the audio with something like Bink and Smacker.If you don't want it stolen, don't put it on the Internet. :) Put up some copyright notices and you should be all right as far as the legalese goes...

To be completely honest, there really is no way to protect your files from being downloaded, anyone that is computer savvy can download any files that appear on or in the page. With the right plugins/software you can even download the music off myspace. what are you worried about? I think that people wanting to keep a copy of your music is flattering. What you could do is put it up at a relatively low bitrate, such as 32kbps, 64kbps.... i am currently trying to think of a way that you can only play a file in a certain media player or such. by having a tone a 0dB but when played through the right software/player (which you embed in the page) the tone is gone. Or you could just put a synthesized "This is a non-commercial demo from -yourwebsite-" or "This should song should not be played other than domestic use" at the start, middle and end.

Well, for linux, there is youtube-dl, a program that downloads a video from YouTube... If you want to extract audio, you just run FFMpeg program, and voila, you've got yourself an audio file...There are similar tools for Windows and mac too...Frankly, whoever wants to get something, he/she will... There is always that lame method of playing a file from your player, and recording it in parallel... There is still no protection against that... What people hear, they can record...The moment you give out something to the public, you run the risk of being ripped off... But, being ripped off, means your stuff is good, so you should be flattered...

That is true on the net anything is possible especially with technology nowadays and how programmers, hackers, etc. create ways to take things from the net whether its audio, video, whatever. There is no absolutely secured way to protect things since there will always most likely be an expliot.

That is true on the net anything is possible especially with technology nowadays and how programmers, hackers, etc. create ways to take things from the net whether its audio, video, whatever. There is no absolutely secured way to protect things since there will always most likely be an expliot.

Krzyflipx , apps like Freecorder.com can record almost
anything that's on the net - audios or videos.

There's a kind of script that may make recording stuff
a lil bit harder. Whenever someone tries to save an
image, the person will find smiley images saved instead.
But the script does not prevent screen captures at all.

What you can do is prevent your images/audio/video from
being used OUTSIDE of your own domain or sub-domain.
Linked audios or videos can't be PLAYED outside of
your sub-domain, etc but it also means that your audios
and videos cannot be embedded elsewhere.

Yeah, I can protect my machine from you forcing me to listen to your song, but you can't protect your song from me listening to it by posting it on a public site.

Yes, what the others are saying is quite correct.

If you want to protect your audio files, do not make them public.

There are quite a number of different ways people can get your material off the internet, so, the above solution is the one to think about.