xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bad_boy

How To Rename Recycle Bin

This is little tutorial by me,To change the name of the Recycle Bin desktop icon, open Regedit and go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID/{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

and change the name "Recycle Bin" to whatever you want (don't type any quotes).

this is easy,can try,my recycle bin is now ''Terrible stink'' :)

A little bit of editing we can do.....we can change the "start" tab and "click here to begin" which pops out when the cursor is taken over it .....there is a software called Resource hacker which can be used for such small editing work.

.there are a lot other things we can do with this software....like changing the general tab of the system properties window (inside control panel) . There we can change it to show some different configuration of our system...eg. we can change 2Ghz to 3Ghz and a lot more....

Edited by klusk (see edit history)

=))I never thought of changing the name of the Recycle Bin, not talking about searching somewhere what its registry is to modify it.So I think it's quite a funny tutorial.One thing though, in didn't work in my case. But probably because of my Vista.And about the previous comment, that made me laugh also.So at least I can change the System Properties window to show me that I have a processor of 4 GHz. Comfortable thought.

Edited by bittr (see edit history)

A little bit of editing we can do.....we can change the "start" tab and "click here to begin" which pops out when the cursor is taken over it .....there is a software called Resource hacker which can be used for such small editing work.

.there are a lot other things we can do with this software....like changing the general tab of the system properties window (inside control panel) . There we can change it to show some different configuration of our system...eg. we can change 2Ghz to 3Ghz and a lot more....

huh man,I posted this only for educating,and people teach some funny,I'm not hacker,this is lose by you... :)

I pray that the moderator lock topic.

Haha thanks for this, I don't know why anyone would want to change their Recycle Bin but I suppose if you wanted to do it as an April Fools Joke it would be really funny :)

hahah, precious to me is that I have at least some funny, is not april Hall, I have seen in one forum that someone asks this, so I have added here, if you do not like can go out with the forum. :) Once again pray that the moderators lock topic, I don't need more comments....

Edited by bad_boy (see edit history)

hahaha. I guess if it works for the recycle bin it would also work with other apps or folders. but hey give the guy a break. at least he gives us idea. although I still don't know the essence of it but you could actually use this trick to redirect an access to a folder to the recycle bin. just by putting the registry key as an extension of the folder. :)

hahah, precious to me is that I have at least some funny, is not april Hall, I have seen in one forum that someone asks this, so I have added here, if you do not like can go out with the forum. :)
Once again pray that the moderators lock topic, I don't need more comments....

So now you are dishing bad rep points to people who reply just because the third person said the word 'hacker' and you want the topic locked. Ok, so I returned you the favour and gave you 1 back, and now you go and give me another 5? Why? I don't normally get angry at people on public forums, but I didn't say anything rude to you and giving people bad rep for no reason isn't cool :D so I gave you 5 back. Thanks a lot. Used to be positive but now is negative :D

Have a nice day,
A200

Hey guys!!! Cool down....

bad boy....if someone is replying in your thread, please don't discourage him.....

Using resource hacker is no HACKER thing...... It is just some stupid editing with a software...

i just thought it would be relevant to the topic.... as the topic was about tweaking with XP..

there is no point arguing over it...

And never rate someone just because you are angry with him.

Edited by klusk (see edit history)