xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Site Transfer?

If I get free hosting from Xisto,what will be the procedure to transfer my existing site,hosted at Lycos-Tripod to Xisto? Also,will I be able to transfer the forum also?I hope that this is possible,because I wouldn't like to go over again through building a new forum,and registering of current users.

You may be able to do it with FTP, download your site with tripd and then upload it here at Xisto, the foums tho... you will have to download the databases and add them here... then install the same forum and import the sql file in PHPmyadmin

Do it in one of these orders :1 - 2 - 3 - 4or2 - 1 - 3 - 4or1 - 2 - 4 - 3or2 - 1 - 4 - 31- Download all your files of your old host with your FTP.2- Export the MYSQL Database with phpMyAdmin.3- Upload all your files on your new account on Xisto with your FTP.4- Import your MYSQL Database with phpMyAdmin.It is supposed to work :)EDIT : lol, didn't see your post cragglo, sorry :rolleyes: