xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Weather Weenie Are you a Weather Weenie?

Was sent this in a e mail and busted out laughing. I know some of you will get a kick out of it tooOk, admit it. You love hurricanes. They thrill you. The devastation is not the part of the storm you love. It is the rain, the wind, the buoy height, and the thrill of the hurricane. Mother Nature swirling up a storm. The calm before the storm. The sheer excitement in the air about its impending land fall. Friends calling friends calling friends. Getting off of work early. Evacuating. You know you love it. You know you are a tropical weather weenie when: June 1st is a great day. Your life works in 6 hourly cycles. You schedule your waking up schedule around the next hurricane advisory. You rapidly click and reload on several different websites hoping to get the first look at the newest advisory. If you aren't on line, you have the latest coordinates text messaged to your cell. You know the exact minute the Tropical Storm Update is on The Weather Channel. You think you know where the storm will make landfall and are willing to bet on that location. A buoy wave height can make you actually stand up and yell "YES"!!! You understand the writing style of the individual hurricane forecasters at the National Hurricane Center. You know who wrote the forecast discussion based on its length. You actually think you could have written a better discussion. You know exactly where to get all the current storm data and you could have it in seconds, but it still takes you 2 hours. There is a very small part of you that is a little sad when a hurricane moves out to sea. There is an even bigger part of you that is sad when a storm dies. November 30 means you have nothing to do for 6 months.

No, November 30 does not mean that I have nothing to do... We do not have hurricanes, but I like rain. Does that count? But it has to be a lot of rain. Just a little bit of rain is boring... I love it when the rain hits my roof like drumsticks hitting drums. Ahh, wonderful.

November is spring down under or in the southern hemisphere countries. AT that point, especially in Australia we'd be preparing for a summer christmas and long break for the kiddies (and those that mainly work during the year, but get the long break at christmas as well (eg teachers, volunteers)).