xisto Community
bluedragon

Sound Card Not Working Properly. Jack retasking functionality missing

Hi, I recently switched to a new motherboard ASUS P5Q. At first I liked the motherboard because of the features it has to offer but now its a complete turn-offFirst thing that I noticed was Realtek ALC1200 (thats the sound card) on this board is not allowing Jack retasking on the back panel. I don't have any front connections since my cabinet doesn't have these. Is this a problem or is it normal? I had Realtek audio in my other board (XFX 650i Ultra ;) ) but this is the first time i've noticed this.Please suggest, what should I do. I seriously need that component, since My 5.1 connectors are quite FAT so I cannot plug it into the 2,3,5 configuration------------------- (1)o (2)o (3)o (4)o (5)o (6)o-------------------2 is Rear3 is Center/Sub5 is FrontMy problem is that my connectors are quite factI am attaching a screenshotanyways.. So , I hope u can imagine what will happen when i put the three connectors simultaneously ..Realtek doesn't even have this device listed on their site. So no Company drivers for this.I am stuck with this stupid drivers from Asus.I had an XFX 650i Ultra motherboard and it allowed me to put any jack in any of the pins and configure that as desired .. So i used to go with 1,5,3. It was just fine untill my motherboard died.. ;)I hope theres a solution for this.. thanks

P1010005.bmp

post-61260-1215801743_thumb.jpg

You can get cables which do exactly the same as the picture shown - one side is a 3.5mm jack, the other are RCA plugs. It shouldn't be too expensive, but cables might be a little short.The 3.5mm side is actually quite thick - I can only just get three next to each other on the back of a sound-blaster audigy 2 zs card. The cables might not fit in the back either.

I agree with afore mentioned cable usage... I have SBLive 5.1, and I use RCA-to-Jack cable... It extends the distance between your computer and the device, and it's not as thick... If you're tech savvy, you could make that cable yourself... Nah... You would have done it already :) That's what I do... I make stuff I don't want to buy (or better said, I'm to lazy to go out and look for), so my room is filled with custom made wires, cables, several converted power supplies, and other electronics... They don't do anything special, I just love solderin and making stuff... I'm going offtopic...Cable is the only solution for you, as it will allow you to connect 3 standard Jacks in there, and there will be no cramping... Plus, you get a few feet in length :D

he he.. Thanks all of you@ Galahad - I thought of making the cable but I can't find the right connecters in my area, I found the 3.5 mm jack but couldn't find the RCA :D. Shopkeeper says , Nobody asks for it anymore so he stopped keeping it :D . People are too lazy to do that. I have the proper cable for the job but am missing RCA, which I'll probably get by the end of this month. :) . I am busy with something.Guess I'll have to change the cables. No software solutions for this one :D