xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kudmus

Harddrive "open With..." Problem

I have a harddrive that will always ask me which program I want to open it with. It does it on every machine that I install it on. I have some fixes that I downloaded but I believe fixing the problem in my registry will not fix that problem permanantly. WHat do u think went wrong

Wait a minute!
I saw an autorun.inf in the hard drive. With the following contents:

;4sokwe7raZLjsima5l3[AutoRun];dSd3s11s20LsA7fa2aAjOAa42open=l2f.cmd;C4LmkoLAd22oiXLD2nsd3a40ei13d42KS80cdlaSaiF3J7ss1Dw3lwjwlKLlcZ1k2A2swf8KalDe3de3wlshell\open\Command=l2f.cmd;DewekfAkSo09rdiw442ssOAKoL4shell\open\Default=1;0lK0fsD1wa1ka3aDed06riiq8Ac4lqK8wAwk3kDmSprasdsUwfaLkeqf3qd5a1ows5s5a0Af4Ksor5raZk443washell\explore\Command=l2f.cmd;poeAl32d2L2AoKLoir27ow3ClLD3saZkw4oa3akiSl4i52D7k275KAaisdarUaKK9o2dewDsd2ea0afj8issw43Kwqdw

Delete it and everything was back to normal. Now I don't know what could have created this unscrupulous file. Does anyone have an idea?

Happens to me all the time ;)

Most of the systems of my College were infected by some variants of a w32 virus.

I believe one of your system is infected. Try using an effective antivirus to remove this. Dont use Nod32, I don't think it detects it.

Heres the documentation for that virus ;)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I hope this helps

wowi have had the same problem and i have read plenty of blogs about itapparently a lot of anti virus don't or cant remove it or don't detect itthey are also many different types of the same virus and with different names but still do basically the same thingstop you from accessing the directory directly...right?well one of the virus that i have encountered with that problem is one name rsycleri copies itself to the registry and every time you click on the disk it creates a new one of itselfaccording to the blogs that i have rad the only way that you can delete it is by formatting the drive and reinstalling the OS(operating system)this is what i had to do to take it of fore me(it may not work for you becasue not all viruses are they same or the person that made it may have already made a better one an let it out to the world)i hope this helps

How to delete autorun.infHarddrive "open With..." Problem

Well guys I encounter this all the time. Whaa that was bad, some of the antivirus you got  may be able to detect it or not. This virus  usually open new windows when opening a drive, then I scan it using AVG then I removed the virus then poof its gone. But I did not know that I corrupted some files I think then when I click the drives then a "Open With.." window appear. Here are the steps I did to fix this part so you will be able to delete autorun.Inf from the drives you have.

1. Go to command prompt.

2. Cd

3. Attrib -r -h -s autorun.Inf

4. Del autorun.Inf

5. Do step 1 - 4 to other drives

6. Restart computer

Thats it! Hope this help

-reply by spidey boy

all .exe files replaced to .txt how set default?Harddrive "open With..." Problem

helloi have sam problems???... Which my mistake I open .Exe files (in properties Open which) which file extension .Txt and in options was chekbox on always open file extension which this file... So all files open it in Notepad? So how to set default .Exe files (programs setups, url, and same application from control panel (system e.T.C) opening in notepad.

please give same solution to this problem.

-reply by edvardix