xisto Community
ashrafulsheikh

Free Domains For Bloggers My Website Idea

Note: I tried to post this in the Internet Section but cudn't so i'm posting it hereI have this idea to build this website that will provide free domains to bloggers.The idea is simple. I will take donations from people and applications from bloggers and will provide domains to bloggers who have the potential to be successful. This is because despite the fact that domains are cheap, many people cant afford to buy them or cant because of other constraints. And any one knows that to have a successful blog you need a top-level domain.What do you think? Is this a good idea?Would you apply for a domain?Would you donate towards this project?

I suppose the bloggers who apply for the free domains will be asked to placed advertisements on their blogs? This would be a good reason for people to donate to this project. I agree that it's quite a good idea. A lot of young bloggers are unable to buy domains because they don't have credit cards or just don't have the spare cash for it. And it's easy for anyone to say 'Ask your parents to pay for you' when they don't know what parents actually think. I've been through the same phase where I couldn't get a domain and it's frustrating when people give me useless solutions for it. I think your website will be a good solution to these bloggers. Many young bloggers actually do write well and it's a pity when they give up because they aren't getting a lot of traffic or interest. So good luck with your project!

It's a nice idea, as you will be able to provide domains to people who wouldn't normally be able to get hold of one. However, how are you going to drum up donations? What will motivate people to donate to your site? If they aren't getting anything out of it, then the sad fact is that most people won't donate to you. Also, remember that you've got to keep paying for these domains each year, so you are going to need more and more donations each year if you want to keep creating new domains.

No they wont be forced to put ads. I'll just give them the domain for one year. What they can do is work hard for a year and build a great blog. Then they can put up there own ads or ask for donations from their loyal readers to raise another $10 for extending their domain.Generally I dont want to put any artificial limits on the bloggers. If you write well and need a domain then u can get one without any strings attached.Of course everything depends on whether people would be willing to donate $10 or not. I cant think of a good motivation for other people to donate other than goodwill and a desire to promote good bloggers and see an influx of good content on the web.

Edited by ashrafulsheikh (see edit history)