xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hansley

Urgent: Need Help A Problem with Internet Explorer

Today I found out that the HTML Document icon on my desktop has changed radically to what it is posted below:

Posted Image

What makes it more strange is that when I double clicked on them, it opened in Internet Explorer, the question is why doesn't the HTML Document icon use the Internet Explorer icon like it has and is always be.

Does anyone know how this happened?

And does anyone know how to handle this problem?

Please answer my question asap...

I really need your help guys....

Thank you.

Tools -> Folder options (?) something like that -> File types (again, not sure about the name).You should have a big list of all file extensions your windows recognise. Scroll until you find HTML, click on edit. And there you should be able to change the icon to anything you want. I'm not sure where the standard HTML icon lives, but your best bet is probably IE.exeI hope this helps :rolleyes:

Before saying any further, i want to say thank you for all your help. But I still cannot fix this problem whatsoever. :rolleyes:To Cragllo: No, I just want to restore the icon for my HTML document.Despite the strange look on my HTML icon, I still able to open it in IE.To bjrn:I've tried your great idea, I changed icon for HTML in the file types, however, it still won't change...To xboxrulz:First, opening saved HTML file using IE is faster than using firefox.Though firefox is better for browsing...Second, no matter what program that I've set to open the HTML document, the icon still looks the same.This is my main problem:My icon for HTML document cannot be restored or even changed to another icons...if anyone has the solution, I will be greatly greatful...Thank you again for all your helps....

What makes it more strange is that when I double clicked on them, it opened in Internet Explorer, the question is why doesn't the HTML Document icon use the Internet Explorer icon like it has and is always be.

since refer to icon,the problem came from system cache,Generally speaking, are all because of icon cache of the system, you can settle the question through the register edit tools,if you knew how to modify the regedit.which could deal with your problem...

Hmm ... do u install any website designing software like dreamweaver or anything else lately ? maybe during the installation u set the default programme for html file with it ?i dunno wat to do but i think u can still edit it with ie :right click on file > open with > IE

open a folder, click Tools-->Folder options, click "File Types" Tab, scroll down to find Html, select it, there should be a "Restore" button around the bottom, click it and it should be fine now. Hope it can help.

To hulunes: Hm...that may could be the problem, do you know how to fix that?To ashiezai:The most recent software that I have installed is Norton Anti Virus 2005...To burgen:I have tried that, and it seems that the icon still won't change...damn windows...Btw, thanks for the help guys...It still can't be fixed though...

To hulunes: Hm...that may could be the problem, do you know how to fix that?To ashiezai:The most recent software that I have installed is Norton Anti Virus 2005...To burgen:I have tried that, and it seems that the icon still won't change...damn windows...Btw, thanks for the help guys...It still can't be fixed though...

try this,still in the file types window, select html, click "Change", select a program other than IE, like word or firefox, then selent the option "Always use the program to open this kind of file" at the bottom of the window, click OK. see if your icon changes,then do it again, except this time changes it back to IE, see if the icon changes back to IE icon.

Hmm.. Lets do it the lamers way..First HOLD SHIFT => RIGHT CLICK on that FILE => Open with => select CHOOSE PROGRAM => Click Firefox and Also the CHECK BOX for doing it alwayS. and finally OK.After the program runs.. and you close firefox. I think, the icons should have been changed by now.. If the file icon has changed and you are a bit happy... then leave it. But if you want to go against Nature and use IE instead of Firefox, then RE-DO the above procedure and select IE this time.If the file icon screws up again, then there is really some problem with IE ( as usual ).. Better re-install IE.