xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KeeperMustDie

Asp.net Hosting On Linux Servers?

Hi, I was searching the free ASP.NET hosting, but I didn't found any really good hosts. However, I found lots of good free hosting sites(like Xisto) without ASP.NET support. Now I'm wondering, why there is only few free ASP.NET hosts with such poor plans? You may say, that ASP.NET requires Windows OS, but it isn't true, there is such tool named mono, which allows run NET technologies on linux OS and it is free(as far as I know). Then why hosts doesn't interested in ASP.NET? A lot of people searching for free good ASP.NET hosting, I just can't understand this! Or maybe there is some problems, about which I don't know? Thanks for explanation.

i'm not sure, but i think mostly the big bussiness (money making) sites use asp.NET witch i think means they would use their own server so they have the freedom to do watever. there are some free ASP.NET hosts but yah they're not that good but i think the paid ones are better. the reason PHP is more popular is because it's free and opensource and have lots more programs and maybe you need to do some certain legal-related things to run ASP.NET cause i know it's not opensource. maybe the reason ASP.NET is not so popular is because it's by microsoft and every body loves to hate microsoft. but i think the .NET framework is good, better that Java in my opinion.

yes the mono module for apache lets you run asp and asp.net on a linux server( i see https://www.oracle.com/sun/index.html chilisoft being more popular than mono though)..... but... not all functions work... as you have heard the reason is because asp.net requires the .net framework which is microsoft only if you run php it runs better on linux if you run asp it runs a lot better on microsoft... people will say that it is untrue about php being better on linux but if you run a lot of different php applications you will find issues with running some on a microsoft server... and yes if you need asp web hosting get a paid microsoft windows webhosting that will be your best bet