xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

Some Of The Biggest Questions In Life. Things that make you go hmmmm...

NUMBER ONE!The current world record for a 100m dash is 9.72 seconds right?? But it's been broken before and it's more than likely that at some point it will be broken. So what is the highest that the 100m dash record will ever go. Technically there is no maximum that the record can get to right? I mean you can always go a bit faster. But there also must be a limit to how fast people can travel right? Everyone says you cant go faster than the speed of light, as we know the speed of light equals 299 792 458 m / s right? So the maximum time that you can do it in is very very fast. I cant be bothered working it out to be honest with ya. It's speed equals distance divided over time so... go nuts.Of course there is no way that human being will ever be able to run at the speed of light. But there as to be a time that noone can ever beat surely. Your thoughts?NUMBER TWO!Is any piece of music better than anything else?If we think about it like this it's all just a matter or opinion. Rap is no better or worse than metal. And vice verse. But if we think of music as just being a sequence of sounds then 4 notes of A one after the other. Just as a dun dun dun dun. With terrible sound quality so all it really is is a low fuzz. Then we have to class that as music right? But that obviously isn't as good as anything that has a melody at all, that much is plain to see. So wheres the border line between better and opinion? Same can be said for anything. Like when people discuss guitarists or musicians. Someone can have alot more technical proficiency and be hitting every note and having it ring. But people complain there isn't enough "feeling". So the guitarist isn't as good as some guy who can bend for 10 to 15 hours. *Cough*Rusty Cooley and slash*Cough*. You see two people next to each other. One is clearly better than the other and there is literally no case against him. But where is the line that brings it to opinion, is there one?FINALLY.What's the best first line of a song. This one is purely a matter of opinion but I'm interested in hearing yours anyway.My favourites has to beFamily Reunion by Blink 182, if you know the song then you know what I mean. The whole song lyrics look a little something like this. **** **** **** **** **** **** fart turd and ****on repeat. It's AWESOME.Your thoughts?

What you say about no music better then any other I think theres one exception to that. Theres a type of music called noize and its is the worst piece of **** thats out there and should not be heard by any being. Sounds like some one dropping rocks into a blender while a Vietnamese prostitute is dieing in the background. Its just idiots hitting random notes and mumbling. Other then that yeah every thing is just opinions...

Well for your number one that question is unanswerable because who knows how human's will evolve in the next 4.5 billion years. It is possible that someone, one day, might hit the 9 seconds flat mark, but who knows. With music it is a matter of taste but I have to say with the way Rap as evolved in the last 20 years is rather sad and pitiful. Yeah I listen to it, but with today's rap its all about banging that hoe, or making that money or ganking some fool for looking at him or his woman. Personally I think the late 70's and 80's was the best era for music, yeah the 90's have produced some good stuff, but with MTV showing all this reality show crap and rap music that's what they think we the viewers want to see.

Why stop at 9 seconds? That's only like 11 metres a second. Times that be 60 gets you to 660 times that by 60 and your at 39600 and divide by 1609.344 (that's how many metres there are in a mile.)This comes out at precisely 24.606299212598425196850393700787 miles per hour.So what's that like under the speed limit for residential areas or areas with high amounts of pedestrians. Boring. If you weighed like a tonne and you ran that fast and hit a kid. There's a 80% chance they would live!How uninteresting.Cheetahs can hit 80 or so. They're super cool.I'm saying what if we evolve into like cheetahs or something. Will the human race actually die and there therefor be a final track time? Or will the next dominant species think that olympics are a good idea (hey, you dont know they won't). And they carry on the torch for us?

Question number 1 :-

I personally do not care whether we outrun a cheetah or not but if we believe in evolution then I am sure that we will be evolving according to the environment around us. And genes play a big role too so we have to see when it actually happens.

Question number 2 :-

There is eternally going to be a battle between the two words, being better and having an opinion but both of them are symbiotic thus helping the music go deeper and deeper. As the opinion gives you a rank to let you know whether you are connecting well with the audience, when you connect you are either good, bad or ugly. I am eclectic when it comes to music taste :lol:

Question number 3 :-

I have a lot of lyrics that I love but the one that truly sticks to me has to be from "Echoes" - Pink Floyd

Strangers passing in the street

By chance two separate glances meet

And I am you

And what I see is me

That line by far has to be the best way to explain who we are humans and how we must treat those around us.

Music is a extension of a person or animals views . Let it be personal or worldly it has a message inside of it. How people take this message and at what level the person who wrote the music was aiming for is where I think you could judge weather the music has reached it objective and there in judge on its quality .. If a song was meant to be funny and makes people laugh its a better song then the metal song that no one bang there heads to.. Ultimately Music is a reflection of a culture and is meant to move peoples emotions in directions. That sway is where  we can judge music on a scale form. 

In my own opinion I think music is everything.. We all make it we all hear it.. Be it a sales- men pun or alliteration or a bums moan at the end of a sleepless night .. We are all singing a song and we can all be heard. 

thanks 

-reply by Trevor Fair