xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Functions In Win32

Hey, all.Hope someone can make some useful suggestions, as i'm pretty much at a dead end!I'm writing some code to run in a win32 envrionment, using the API to interface with audio hardware. At the moment this is very simple, and I'm pretty much just regurgitating micro$oft tutorials. I'm using the Bloodshed Dev-C++ compiler.My problem is this -- i'm trying to use the CWaveFile class to provide a simple interface to .wav files. This class is defined in DSUtil.cpp, and makes use of the 'standard' mmio functions. To use these, I have to #include the mmsystem.h library, and link to the winmm.lib library; both of which I have done.However -- when I try to compile, I get linker errors referring to the mmio functions, saying things like ' [Linker error] undefined reference to `mmioWrite@12''I've no idea what else i'm supposed to link to/include; and there doesn't seem to be anything either on the web or on MSDN to clarify things further.Anyone had any experience of this?Best regards.

Hahaha. Sorry, I have no experience with that stuff, butI think the problem here is you don't have a standardversion of the header or lib. Try getting another one andreplace your current DevC++ copy of the file.

Hey, all.
Hope someone can make some useful suggestions, as i'm pretty much at a dead end!

I'm writing some code to run in a win32 envrionment, using the API to interface with audio hardware. At the moment this is very simple, and I'm pretty much just regurgitating micro$oft tutorials. I'm using the Bloodshed Dev-C++ compiler.

My problem is this -- i'm trying to use the CWaveFile class to provide a simple interface to .wav files. This class is defined in DSUtil.cpp, and makes use of the 'standard' mmio functions. To use these, I have to #include the mmsystem.h library, and link to the winmm.lib library; both of which I have done.

However -- when I try to compile, I get linker errors referring to the mmio functions, saying things like ' [Linker error] undefined reference to `mmioWrite@12''

I've no idea what else i'm supposed to link to/include; and there doesn't seem to be anything either on the web or on MSDN to clarify things further.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Best regards.

Hope this could still be helpful to others out there. Here's what I did : I just included libwinmm.a from /DevC++/lib in the linker part of my "Project Options"