xisto Community
maplestory

Don't Bother Picking Up A Ps3, Ps4 Is Right Around The Corner

In response to some fairly bogus claims by an "analyst" last week, Sony has come out of the woodwork to state that yes, it is indeed planning to build a PlayStation 4, but not until at least 2010. Therefore, by taking this quote completely out of context, we have deduced that there's a mere three year wait for some next-next-gen goodness, which can be easily tide over by FFXII, GTA and SotC. However, were we to actually do our job, we would let you know that in the interim Sony is planning on firmware upgrades for the PS3 to expand media center capability, allow third party applications, and to support third party controllers similar to that of the Wii. "To say that there will be no PS4 because of a management change is a bit far fetched," says Paul Holman. He also went on to mention the possibility of a keyboard and mouse bundle with the PS3, predict at least 20 new games for the European PS3 launch, and to tout that schmancy Cell processor under the hood. We're standing by for a PR cleanup crew any moment now.

Notice from electriic ink:
Quoted - article plagiarised:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Yeah, I highly doubt that, $3 Billion dollars is not a small number in terms of losses, it will take more then 3 years to recover all that money, the playstation 3 games are not coming out like they should. With the football season coming they might get some money back, but there needs to be more PS3 exclusive games for them to make their money back. I would put on even thinking about setting up a playstation 4 until the playstation makes a profit and right now it won't be any time soon.(woot first ubuntu post)

In response to some fairly bogus claims by an "analyst" last week, Sony has come out of the woodwork to state that yes, it is indeed planning to build a PlayStation 4, but not until at least 2010.

Good. Hopefully, they'll make the PS4 a bit cheaper than the PS3. The PS 1/2 were about ?150 - ?200 when they were released. Over one year on, it's still ?300 to buy a PS3 (plus ?40 - ?45 / game). I don't have that sort of money lying around (and nor do a lot of other people)....

(woot first ubuntu post)

Another soul lost to Linux ;)

Posted Image

We're praying for you...

Did anyone really expect them not to make a PlayStation 4? I agree they need to make it a lot cheaper though. Yes, its got a Blu-Ray drive and all that, and is good value for what it is, but it is just prohibitively expensive for most of the market. The Wii is much more reasonably priced, although games across all the consoles are ridiculously expensive.

(woot first ubuntu post)

Another soul gained by the power of the penguins!

Posted Image

Whatever. It's just more hype that we all love to gobble up and fathom over. ;) Hopefully within the next couple of years, we do make some more drastic improvements with graphics and how they're displayed, since we can already see that video card manufacturers are willing to push whatever is available for technology with their GPUs. Otherwise, if we're still playing around with DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.0, there's going to be no real incentive to go out and purchase the PS4. Then again, OpenGL 3.0 should be out by then, and from what I'm reading on it, everything has been changed up along with continued backwards support for previous versions of OpenGL.I'm expecting BluRay to be on it... maybe some other bells and whistles, but I wonder what Sony has for revolutionary plans for the PS4.

Well if they could find a way to plug into your brain or give you self hypnotic suggestions then all they are really doing is upgrading the hardware. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing live action again, like they did with Mortal Kombat and Sega CD because the hardware should be advance enough and the tv good enough to show live humans instead of computer designed characters.Off-topicI haven't converted yet, I swear you linux people are like a door to door religion trying to convert ;).