xisto Community
bluedragon

Free Software For File Recovery RECUVA

Hi all,
I was loking for a software to recover my lost files and I found this ;)

And the best part is , its free

Recuva - File Recovery

Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!

Download it from - /recuva

I've used it and its working fine for me.. and even a noob can use it.

untraceable, that was what the admins consider, spam.back to the topic.Based on my experience, different file recovery program recover different things, but when you are trying to recover files, do not install the program onto the computer which has the missing files. Try to install the program with another computer onto a flash drive or something similar, and run it off-of there.There's less risk of the computer overwritting the file that was accidentally deleted.

I'll add another good program for file recovery TestDisk... It's for Linux, and it's free...TestDisk is a terminal program, that will analyze your drives... they don't even have to be mounted... It also comes with a handy toold called photorec... Same thing, only recovers a bunch of files that can't be accessed... For example, today my digital camera messed up my CF card... All the photos were lost, and Linux wouldn't mount it, since it couldn't recognize file system in use... Photorec scanned the entire card, and extracted each and every photo, and saved them to my harddrive... It works also with other file types, not just images...

If you accidently erase files and try to get it back by installing a file recovery software, there is supposedly still a way to get them back if your using the vista system. vista makes copies of your data through a system called shadow copy, it makes copies of all the files, only you cant access this on home basic or premium....unless you install shadowExplorer then you could use this to retrieve files...granted backing up is the best way to go.

nice topic.like we know, i think everybody who using computer mayb will face some problem in accidently delete file,delete or format partition, and mayb virus infection causes lost of files.recovery software is very important. Because can help us recovery files that lost.i have tried many recovery software like Power Data Recovery Pro, Data Recovery Wizard and many.i found that this recovery software (listed above) are most efficient. Help me recovery back almost 90%of data. So, i would like to recommend to all of you.