xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NeXDesigns

Error Page Question

is it possible to make a .php error page and not .shtml?Or possibly have it use an include on my index page?(my include links are like index.php?page=namegoeshere)any ideas as to how to do either of these?

I think this is possible. You will have to edit the .htaccess file in your root directory ( www ). Please check it.

Here's what you could do:In your .htaccess file (which should be in your public_html dir) you can put lines likeErrorDocument 404 /pagenotfound.phpErrorDocument 500 /errors/error500.phpor whatever you want.That would mean that your error pages would be php pages. If I were you I wouldn't make the 500 ones php enabled though. If something goes wrong on the server side, it may very well be php related, and serving your visitors with a blank page, or an error on an error page is hardly elagant :rolleyes:I think you could edit your .htaccess file to parse shtml files as php as well.HTH :)