xisto Community
LadyAshk

Basic Of Website Creation Get basic knowledge on website creation here

By basic, i mean reaaaal "BASIC". I know that its probably redundant info for so many of us, but I still would like you to add your bit into this post , so that newbies benefit from it.

friend ..the best option for u is HTML start learning it....its a very easy language.....u will start writing basic web pages on the very first dayand make them good looking as u proceed.Other options are ...u can go for softwares that will make websites for ...if u just want a website of yours,but if u want to learn then go for the first option... u can use the softwares like coffee cup, dreamweaver...Even your MS word can make webpages..Once u start doing ...u will come to know that u have lot of options to choose from

Complete novice!I'm also a bit lost and dont really know where to start. i got my account a couple of days ago and haven't had much of a chance to start it up but whenever i've searched on the web i haven't had much back. i understand i can use html coding but how does this work? do i have to find the templates and things on sites where they show the html coding and then copy it or is there a place where codes colour the page blue and another code that puts text into funky writing? if so how do i move this into the public folder for it to show and how should i lay it out? i know this probably sounds laughable to everyone else but i dont really know where to start and everyone else seems to be able to do it okay so surely it can't be that hard. Once i get the basics then i'll be able to go from there and i'm not aiming for a completely profressional site anyway, just a working one. Is there a site that might give all this information without ending up losing all my money? If someone could help out i'd be very grateful and i'm sure others would be too!

having a knowledge of HTML is always better while making web pages.....but its not enough...i mean you can create a small webpage just by coding HTML..but why bother so much when you can use softwares to create good websites in no time.i myself use dreamweaver...i find it good to use..you can also find free softwares which will do the job ...To make the website, just download the template you like...you will get a whole lot of free templates online....you can also make one yourself using dreamweaver....Once you get the template...you just need to edit it...write what you wish to and link your images.....It gives you an option for giving the links of images...so you need to upload them on your webspace...and give the link....you can also change the dimensions of the tables and boxes...It allows you to change the CSS of the page without knowing anything about CSS...once the web page is made...you just need to upload it...upload other web pages and link them....and there you have your basic website...Then slowly go on adding extra features to your website....you can also use a database...which i doubt is not that easy...lBut anyways Good luck...

They also have content management systems. One popular one I've heard about is Joomla. Content management systems organize your content for you and you can usually find many different templates online.

HTML is basically the building blocks of websites. Its simple to learn, easy to put together and generally not too complicated. PHP is like HTML+, it adds a bit of zzziinng to your website, and can support login scripts etc (search on google).

i understand i can use html coding but how does this work? do i have to find the templates and things on sites where they show the html coding and then copy it or is there a place where codes colour the page blue and another code that puts text into funky writing? if so how do i move this into the public folder for it to show and how should i lay it out?
i know this probably sounds laughable to everyone else but i dont really know where to start and everyone else seems to be able to do it okay so surely it can't be that hard.

Search through the Tutorial Section here on the Trap . There are several Tutorials about basic Html here.
Tthen head over to w3schools.com for a decent set of beginner's Tutorials.

To avoid double posting please read my reply to another similar posting Here.

I found this site very helpful when I was just starting out. You shouldn't be offended by the child-like approach. We adults sometimes need walking though things at this pace. :)

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Where I learnt everything I know about web designing is over at http://www.w3schools.com/. Best to start learning HTML followed by CSS before you attempt learning any of the others.

Also what is helpful is downloading free templates and see how their constructed. Destroy a site and try to rebuild it very helpful as well. But do remember that each web designer has his or her own design style and it's rare to find two web designers who code exactly the same way.

Main thing is practice, keep trying and make sure you have an aim for whatever website you're currently creating.

To All novice... you can start learning the basics in web developing which is HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language). You can look search here for tutorials about HTML. There are also several sites out there that have a good tutorial about HTML and other web programming languages, one of it is w3schools. After learning HTML try to learn the basics in layouting or designing a webpage using CSS (Cascading Style Sheet), again there are a lot of tutorial websites for this. Just play with it, and make your first webpage look good!

After learning the basic and master it, proceed one step higher from the basic. Web pages would be nothing without adding functionality to it. So, for this you can start learning scripting languages like JAVASCRIPT and for server side scripting you can search tutorials for PHP, JSP, PERL, PYTHON, and MYSQL, ORACLE, MSSQL, etc for databases. I know I have mentioned quite a lot here, but dont confuse your self where to start.

Heres some tips to guide you in learning web development:

1. Start with the BASICS and master it! Don't be in a hurry to learn everything at one time.

2. After learning the basics proceed to the next level applying everything you learn from the basic.

3. Take time to master each new language you learn and do experiments.

4. Don't forget to take your time and just take it step by step until you reach your goal. If you have problems that you cannot solve after trying everything you have learned, Don't hesitate to ask for help to others.

5. Share what you have learned. Don't be selfish!

Edited by gmichael (see edit history)