xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Webmasters Forum

Hey guys, a week or so ago I launched my new webmaster forum (TheWebForums.info or TheAdminforums.Com).

It's basically a forum for webmasters to talk about SEO, Web Design, Coding, Hosting, Domains, and much much more. There's also a sell/trade forum as well. I need to find a good IPB skin, but I can't really find one that is professional enough. Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks!

Congratulations on your excellent job! After you beat DigitalPoint, SitePoint, WebmasterTalk, V7N...send me a message and I might register at your forum. Until then, enjoy talking to yourself.Note: No hard feelings, I know it's a bit sarcastic but I hope you get the message.

^^ You forgot TAZ and AF...But good luck. Every forum has to come from somewhere. At the beginning of this year I tried The Admin Helpline and we only had 1,600 posts and 32 members... I gave up in March. I was going to reopen last month but decided not to as I simply wasn't interested anymore and most of the stuff people ask I probably wouldn't understand! (I remember trying to help someone with a basic template problem on the MyBB community and what I was saying confused the poor person :D:D)My main problem was I spammed too much. There were like 800 posts in the general discussion area and 800 total elsewhere (including like 100 posts on announcements and news). So of course, noone joined (except me, a friend and some random people from sites I regularly visit).But anyway good luck, I hope you are successful, the admin forum field is pretty saturated with forums so you'll have to make yours different and special but you never know. One day yours might be a big forum too. You just have to put in the effort and find people to post and make sure those posts are quality. :)A200

Well inappropriate sarcasm aside I do like the forum skin as it has some god color choices and what not. Yeah there is challange to get as popular as some of the big sites, but if you provide lots of user content and other stuff to keep visitors coming back your site will grow over time.

one thing i hate the most in this world is closed minded people. everyone starts from scratch and the beginning. the true geniuses can turn nothing out of something. always remember that. if people had your outlook, yahoo would still be the site people search from. not google. i remember when google first came online as a search engine. it was NOTHING!

my point is, there are resources everywhere. there is something to learn from everywhere. do you think all webmasters go to the sites you just listed? do you think that ust because he's small and trying to grow there isn't something to offer that hasn't already been offered? you knew all those sites you listed but still closed minded and subjective. that's not the attitude of people who have created great success. sorry bud. success takes a dream and the motivation that is built on that dream. it takes an idea from a dream that may not be anything to anyone but them at first.

so, congratulations on YOUR excellent job.....let's note that he definately isn't talking to himself when you had it in yourself to reply to him with so much sarcasm and negativity.

personally, i have never visited the sites you listed but know more than most about any topic in regards to webmasters and their issues AND i will be visiting his site after i finish with this post.

i'm curious. out of all those sites you listed, which is the biggest? why didn't you just list the biggest with the most information unless i am correct that information and resources aren't limited to a select few forums?

good talkin' to ya....

btw- i do think he got the message....you didn't like what he created or had to say. *I* say anything that someone creates or their vision should NEVER be disputed!

Congratulations on your excellent job! After you beat DigitalPoint, SitePoint, WebmasterTalk, V7N...send me a message and I might register at your forum. Until then, enjoy talking to yourself.
Note: No hard feelings, I know it's a bit sarcastic but I hope you get the message.

It looks really good! Finally a Admin forum where u can ask help with small problems on ur forum, website or even on ur PC :)Looks great, hope to see it grow more in the future.

one thing i hate the most in this world is closed minded people. everyone starts from scratch and the beginning. the true geniuses can turn nothing out of something. always remember that. if people had your outlook, yahoo would still be the site people search from. not google. i remember when google first came online as a search engine. it was NOTHING!

True. I agree with that.

my point is, there are resources everywhere. there is something to learn from everywhere. do you think all webmasters go to the sites you just listed?

Yes.

do you think that ust because he's small and trying to grow there isn't something to offer that hasn't already been offered?

Yes.

you knew all those sites you listed but still closed minded and subjective. that's not the attitude of people who have created great success. sorry bud. success takes a dream and the motivation that is built on that dream. it takes an idea from a dream that may not be anything to anyone but them at first.

Stop dreaming and come back to reality. Sorry, 'bud'.

so, congratulations on YOUR excellent job.....let's note that he definately isn't talking to himself when you had it in yourself to reply to him with so much sarcasm and negativity.

personally, i have never visited the sites you listed but know more than most about any topic in regards to webmasters and their issues AND i will be visiting his site after i finish with this post.

If you haven't heard of DigitalPoint, SitePoint, V7N, WTalk and WickedFire then I seriously doubt you're into webmastering and I wish you all the best on his newly created forum. I'm sure you have enough knowledge to share over there.

i'm curious. out of all those sites you listed, which is the biggest? why didn't you just list the biggest with the most information unless i am correct that information and resources aren't limited to a select few forums?

You're unable to click links or something?

good talkin' to ya....

btw- i do think he got the message....you didn't like what he created or had to say. *I* say anything that someone creates or their vision should NEVER be disputed!

I never said I didn't like his forum, I just think it's a waste of VBulletin license. Why do you need to reinvent the wheel? Visualize as much as you wish and create as much as you wish but please be creative and make something we haven't seen hundreds of times already. Would you go out and try to beat Wikipedia or Youtube?

I think it's cute of you to defend his idea of making yet another webmaster forum but you fail @ business.

Stop dreaming and come back to reality. Sorry, 'bud'.

If you haven't heard of DigitalPoint, SitePoint, V7N, WTalk and WickedFire then I seriously doubt you're into webmastering and I wish you all the best on his newly created forum. I'm sure you have enough knowledge to share over there.

You're unable to click links or something?

I never said I didn't like his forum, I just think it's a waste of VBulletin license. Why do you need to reinvent the wheel? Visualize as much as you wish and create as much as you wish but please be creative and make something we haven't seen hundreds of times already. Would you go out and try to beat Wikipedia or Youtube?

I think it's cute of you to defend his idea of making yet another webmaster forum but you fail @ business.

name one person who has built something without a dream or a vision please.

i HAVE heard of them. in fact, all of them. i may have even visited 1 or 2 5 years ago or so without remembering. i AM in to websites and i AM a webmaster. i learn and teach myself as i did when i was learning programming languages long ago. yea, it be easier not to make the mistakes others have and follow the strict advice of others by listening or reading a book, but i choose to take the hard road with little exception. with that, i'm sure i know things other people don't and never will. i also know things that other people will never talk about if they DO know certain things.

his site is a waste? why do people need to reinvent the wheel? well bud, it's not reinventing the wheel. it is trying to make something better that has already been done. i remember a long time ago when someone tried to reqruit me for an amway meeting. sounded interesting. after the meeting, a lightbulb went off in my head. if i join, i am going to publish amway on the internet. this was about 9 years ago or so. what i was told was this. "don't change what has already been working for years". also, "do not try to reinvent the wheel. i heard so much crap from closed minded people it wasn't even funny. nobody had vision....NOBODY i talked to. 1 or two years later amway was on the internet and growing drastically in size. my point to this story is obvious.

i have to defend someones idea and effort and hard work against people like you who have no insight to what really goes on in the minds of creative people and innovators.

please email me your website, i am sure i can review it for ya :) i've been doing this and other things related for years. you can say what you want about me with absulutely no knowledge of who i am. that's ok. for years my credibility has been top totch with very little arguement or disagreement. i've helped tons of people just starting out learning how to build a website to people to people who are already established and need seo. granted, i've fallen behind online due to my two offline business, but the basics will always be the same.

before you try to discredit someone who is in the top 5% in knowledge base, i would sugest you do your research and open your mind a little. also, instead of being so subjective, why don't you lend a helping hand out with something helpfull that you can add to help his site grow or just visit it and give an honest review

bsdpowa, people don't need to visit webmater forums to be a webmaster.i had my first site in early 2005.the first time i had ever heard of the concept of a webmaster forum was in 2007.does that say something?A200

name one person who has built something without a dream or a vision please.

i HAVE heard of them. in fact, all of them. i may have even visited 1 or 2 5 years ago or so without remembering. i AM in to websites and i AM a webmaster. i learn and teach myself as i did when i was learning programming languages long ago. yea, it be easier not to make the mistakes others have and follow the strict advice of others by listening or reading a book, but i choose to take the hard road with little exception. with that, i'm sure i know things other people don't and never will. i also know things that other people will never talk about if they DO know certain things.

his site is a waste? why do people need to reinvent the wheel? well bud, it's not reinventing the wheel. it is trying to make something better that has already been done. i remember a long time ago when someone tried to reqruit me for an amway meeting. sounded interesting. after the meeting, a lightbulb went off in my head. if i join, i am going to publish amway on the internet. this was about 9 years ago or so. what i was told was this. "don't change what has already been working for years". also, "do not try to reinvent the wheel. i heard so much crap from closed minded people it wasn't even funny. nobody had vision....NOBODY i talked to. 1 or two years later amway was on the internet and growing drastically in size. my point to this story is obvious.

i have to defend someones idea and effort and hard work against people like you who have no insight to what really goes on in the minds of creative people and innovators.

please email me your website, i am sure i can review it for ya :) i've been doing this and other things related for years. you can say what you want about me with absulutely no knowledge of who i am. that's ok. for years my credibility has been top totch with very little arguement or disagreement. i've helped tons of people just starting out learning how to build a website to people to people who are already established and need seo. granted, i've fallen behind online due to my two offline business, but the basics will always be the same.

before you try to discredit someone who is in the top 5% in knowledge base, i would sugest you do your research and open your mind a little. also, instead of being so subjective, why don't you lend a helping hand out with something helpfull that you can add to help his site grow or just visit it and give an honest review

And you try not to spam this thread by posting spiritual crap collecting points for your free hosting. One thing is making things better and another thing is copying the rest and picking up their crumbs thinking you will make the world a better place. Wake up, this isn't a Wonderland where stories of yours make people cry and congratulate you on your success, this is simple logic of online business. You can't succeed online just by being enthusiastic about something. You need much more that. You probably haven't heard of it but some people call it RESEARCH, MARKET, TARGET, PLAN, ORGANIZATION, STRATEGY, INVESTMENT and PATIENCE.

bsdpowa, people don't need to visit webmater forums to be a webmaster.

i had my first site in early 2005.

the first time i had ever heard of the concept of a webmaster forum was in 2007.

does that say something?

A200

Yes, that says you don't know how to use internet.

sorry bud, you are way out of line. first off, this thread had nothing to do with being a success online. it had to do with someone creating a webmaster forum and wanting a review of it and possibly get some input and signups so it can grow.

obviously the guy you just replied to DOES know how to use the internet. he's been posting here for a while.

and just for your records.....not to blow your mind or anything, i was a webmaster before those forums ever existed. so in fact, you don't need forums to be a webmaster. your logic is very very silly. you should actually read what you write before you post what you do.

as far as the off topic you constantly bring up with success on the internet and being a webmaster, yea, there is LOTS involved. more than i mentioned and a heck of a lot more than you mentioned although what you mentioned is also a good start. all i was trying to say is everything anyone does starts with a dream or vision and you don't even have to be a webmaster. that's life in general. what i say isn't some fairy tale. it's real life. if people don't have dreams or visions or goals for their own selves, they are just biting their time here until they die. sad part is, people like you and the people closest to them often stomp on their beliefs and dreams and visions and want them to comply with the standard of society or a general belief that some people think everyone should follow. sound like anyone you know?

And you try not to spam this thread by posting spiritual crap collecting points for your free hosting. One thing is making things better and another thing is copying the rest and picking up their crumbs thinking you will make the world a better place. Wake up, this isn't a Wonderland where stories of yours make people cry and congratulate you on your success, this is simple logic of online business. You can't succeed online just by being enthusiastic about something. You need much more that. You probably haven't heard of it but some people call it RESEARCH, MARKET, TARGET, PLAN, ORGANIZATION, STRATEGY, INVESTMENT and PATIENCE.

Yes, that says you don't know how to use internet.

sorry bud, you are way out of line. first off, this thread had nothing to do with being a success online. it had to do with someone creating a webmaster forum and wanting a review of it and possibly get some input and signups so it can grow.

You should read more carefully.

This is Website Showcase forum where people advertise their websites to the world and there's another forum called Website Reviews. Now that's where all the reviews go. Looks like you got these two mixed up.

obviously the guy you just replied to DOES know how to use the internet. he's been posting here for a while.

Buy yourself a sarcasm detector.

and just for your records.....not to blow your mind or anything, i was a webmaster before those forums ever existed. so in fact, you don't need forums to be a webmaster. your logic is very very silly. you should actually read what you write before you post what you do.

Can you please quote me saying one needs a forum to become a webmaster?

I said if you haven't heard of internet's biggest webmaster communities then I doubt you being a serious webmaster but that doesn't mean you need to be active in such communities in order to be called a webmaster. Microsoft was there before show were held but today they still advertise their services and products on IT events. I don't have a website and I'm an affiliate manager. I make quite some money but I would definitely made much less if I wouldn't be active on forums.

as far as the off topic you constantly bring up with success on the internet and being a webmaster, yea, there is LOTS involved. more than i mentioned and a heck of a lot more than you mentioned although what you mentioned is also a good start. all i was trying to say is everything anyone does starts with a dream or vision and you don't even have to be a webmaster. that's life in general. what i say isn't some fairy tale. it's real life. if people don't have dreams or visions or goals for their own selves, they are just biting their time here until they die. sad part is, people like you and the people closest to them often stomp on their beliefs and dreams and visions and want them to comply with the standard of society or a general belief that some people think everyone should follow. sound like anyone you know?

No, doesn't ring a bell. Sorry.

I really don't want to do a copypasta on myself and spam this forum so please read my last post, it's the answer to your last paragraph. Thanks.

well this is a waste of time. you obviously so no point to anyone but your own self. this conversation is over. i don't feel like allowing you to get credit for your jibberish posts in this thread here anymore.

all this guy asked for is what we thought of his site. that was IT and you make a big whole issue about off topic nonsense

btw- i personally liked his site only because he took the time from the start to create the many topics needed so information wont get cluttered. i can tell he put some time in to it so he should be proud of what he's done so far.

you on the other hand don't even have a website so i don't know what your point is to all your jibberish

lastly, let me explain why i don't go to the webmaster forums. the experienced webmasters go there because they like to help people and answer questions. not because they have anything to learn from there for the most part. the experienced webmasters get their information and resources elsewhere for the most part. the inexperienced people are usually the ones posting questions or thanking the ones who posted usefull information for them that they would have no other knowledge of if they didn't visit the forums. fact is bud, there are other places other than forums that will give you a ton more resources and information than any forum you can name including digital point which is probably the biggest webmaster forum on the internet. it's certainly the most well known and oldest and most established since they came online.....what.....10 year ago?

the reason why so many webmasters go to the webmaster forums is because it's an easy search for them and easily acessable. with a little more searching and research though, these same people who are looking for guidance and answers can find even better resources and information. just takes a little more time and effort to find these places and people who offer the information for free. not to discredit webmaster forums. they are a great place to get your feet wet, but believe me, if you think for one second if people don't visit and learn from the webmaster forums that they are not a serious webmaster, you are seriously mistaken and have a alot to learn.

now for me and others who have been on the internet trying to establish themselves as a webmaster over 10 years ago when the WWW was established on the internet, there was no webmaster forums and very little help and information out there. we had to learn from scratch and from our own mistakes. sure, i can go to the webmaster forums and learn a little but it's not worth my time when all information to me is available elsewhere and a lot more usefull information that you rarely see in any forum including digitalpoint. if i were to go there, my time would probably be spent helping others with their own questions and problems. i don't know about you, but i don't have the time for that.

also, when you get your information on the forums, a lot of time you have people like you on there that don't know what they're talking about. it creates a lot of debate and frustration with those that just want a no nonsense answer to their questions or problems and information they need to start building on their own vision. it creates a lot of confusion for those that just want solid information without people discrediting eachother in what is the best way to do things.

this is why you will rarely see any top webmasters wasting their time on those forums no matter how long they've been established. they, like me, have other resources and have better things to do than to visit these forums. in fact, they wont even go there to post to get their sig back links. why? because the smart ones like me know they don't make a difference to page rank or worthwile relevant links to their own webite. this has been a common myth for 5 years now and i am sure this myth is still being spread around the net and even on the most established webmaster forums in the seo sections.

now the #1 thing most webmasters seek for now is good seo techniques. do you think these forums are offering that up to date information? i mean....the really good stuff? no! why? because more experienced webmasters will charge for it. why would you think they would give that information out for free in some well established forum? they don't want their ranking to go down just because they supplied the most valuable information to millions of people.

so my point is, the more experienced webmasters will answer questions there if they have nothing better to do. you see mainly the more unexperienced wanting information and the good information they will rarely get in any webmaster forum. and believe me. normally, if a webmaster has nothing better to do than answer questions on a forum, then i question their knowledge as it is unless they are taking a break for a while because i know being a webmaster is sometimes an 18 hour a day job if what to do it right. there is a lot involved being a good webmaster and these people will have absolutely NO time to post on any free site that they aren't gettin' paid for

so the webmaster forums are good to get your feet wet. there is a lot of basice information on there. the guy who just put his webmaster forum online needs to seperate himself with all the other forums and find information he can post on his own forum that can't be found on any other.....this is quite easy to do if you know where to look.

enough said. happy posting elsewhere. i just needed to get my 2 cents in beofre i stop posting on this thread....

You should read more carefully.

This is Website Showcase forum where people advertise their websites to the world and there's another forum called Website Reviews. Now that's where all the reviews go. Looks like you got these two mixed up.

Buy yourself a sarcasm detector.

Can you please quote me saying one needs a forum to become a webmaster?

I said if you haven't heard of internet's biggest webmaster communities then I doubt you being a serious webmaster but that doesn't mean you need to be active in such communities in order to be called a webmaster. Microsoft was there before show were held but today they still advertise their services and products on IT events. I don't have a website and I'm an affiliate manager. I make quite some money but I would definitely made much less if I wouldn't be active on forums.

No, doesn't ring a bell. Sorry.

I really don't want to do a copypasta on myself and spam this forum so please read my last post, it's the answer to your last paragraph. Thanks.

I love good ole fights so much to watch people argue back and forth and keep beating the dead horse. Anyway I been a webmaster going on 13 years and I tell you this all these websites that are being named guess where they got there ideas from, other websites. Websites are all a beginning and besides why pay for free information or become a paid member for information you can get for free. Heck I only become aware of sitepoint after finding a link for a free Ruby on Rails book, but it doesn't make me ignorant that they don't exist. Of course that is one of the major reasons why I don't design for myself because there are no original websites anymore because someone is always copying someone else ideas and content and stuff like that. Besides if they were so good and making tons of money they be doing a lot more advertising and word of mouth type stuff.Also to correct you bsdpowa, both showcase and Website Review are pretty much the same thing, however, website showcase is for sites people have designed while website review are websites that other people have seen and come across. Either both forums are the same so it don't matter where someone puts there site to get reviewed just as long as people can comment on how a person can improve there websites.To answer anwii's question on which website is the biggest here are the resultssitepoint 343.00 pages indexDigitalPoint 806,000 pages indexWebmaster talk inconclusive has the are many different domains so I don't know which one bsdpowa is talking aboutV7N only 72,000 pages indexSo there you go those are the results of anwii's question. Now let me ask this question bsdpowa, why haven't you review these sites or post about them on the forums and let other people know. Don't you think people will have an easier time finding sites to help them out if people post about them? I think it would be important for you to make a Topic or post about these websites and provide information on what these websites are about, I would do it since I brought it up but you know a lot more about them then I.And being the coolness know as S&M, this fight is over and I think I will let the mods know to keep an eye on this topic so there would be less off topic spam in topics that shouldn't even have it to begin with.