xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Pride Knocks Down, Humility Lifts Up

One important attitude that is diminishing in people even among children of God is humility. I was shocked to see a person who has recently accepted Jesus as his Savior, posing himself as if he knew in and out of the Bible. In fact, I was even more shocked to know that he did not even know the names of all the sixty six books of the Bible. He was even confronting with mature believers with regard to certain Biblical truths. What a sad thing it is to know that he not only deceived others but he also deceived himself. Do not be a know it all kind of a person. Resist being that type of a person who thinks that you are always right and that no one else can teach you anything. We should have the humility to say, I think im right, but I may be wrong ,even when we are sure we are right.So pride is very dangerous. It caused Satan to fall from the original position that he had with God. Now as a fallen angel, he goes around trying to fill people’s heart with prideful thoughts. Let us not allow pride to enter into our hearts. When we converse with others, especially with saints of God, let us listen to what they teach from the Bible and if there are any disagreements or doubts, let us discuss with them politely, as the Bereans did.

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

yeah, pride is an awful thing and it ends up doing more harm than good...I mean, it's okay to be like proud of your accomplishments or something, but when you begin to be overly prideful and appear arrogant to others, it just ends up coming back to bite you in the end. People always respect a humble person more than a prideful person.

I can't emphasize enough how impressed I am everytime I meet someone who is humble and kind, and then later find out they've done something incredible but never even talk about it. It can be tempting when you've achieved something big to want to go broadcast it and call attention to yourself, but it takes strength to keep it to yourself and just be satisfied with the fact that you did it, not needing others' approval of it.Abandoning pride forces you to learn to earn just your own approval, not that of those around you. This, I think, is key to being happy. You need to live on your own terms instead of depending on others to say when you're good enough or when you've done enough. Instead of pride, you need contentment with yourself as you are.