xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dwolters

A Tour In Space?

Has anyone checked out the SpaceShipTwo and White Knight Two that Virgin plans on rolling out in 2009. I know that SpaceShipTwo is a space shuttle that will be for tourists and will orbit the earth, giving tourists a seven minutes to experience zero gravity. From what I read, they plan on testing this summer! And tickets will only run you $200,000. Anyone have a spare $200,000 I can borrow? We'll see what happens. Although after reading about this I did a little digging and found articles from '97 that talk about how we are going to have hotels in orbit for tourists as soon as 2004! Hmm...that didn't happen. On that note, the flying cars that we were supposed to get by 2000 didn't happen either. But Virgin seems to be making headway, and you can reserve tickets. (Couldn't you put a deposit on a flying car in the early 90s?). We'll see. Maybe I'll be able to retire on the Moon, or better yet, Mars! Anyway, with all my doubts, it would still be alright if you guys donated $200,000 to me, just in case this doesn't bomb!

In my opinion if people got that money to blow by going about 60-70 miles into the Earth's atmosphere then they have money to help those in need and what not. Of, course I can't complain because if I had that kind of money or like $20-30 million to blow I go on the space shuttle or something.

I heard from a friend that if you had two million Virgin Atlantic airmiles you could get this for free!Would take loads of flights to get this much airmiles, but my friends uncle does have 500,000! He goes atlantic every three months and has never used any airmiles.Still, sounds pretty cool!

sounds cool but not for 200 grand i'm afraid. especially for 7 minutes or something. i know it would cost them heaps and they have to pay for it but its just not worth it unless your like a billionaire or something and you have money to burn.

I've heard that some people who go into space come back feeling like life is useless after seeing how insignificant our lonely little planet is...But (extremely huge costs aside), I think that would be pretty awesome! Except... wouldn't it be a bit... dodgy for untrained civilians to go into space? Still, if Stephen Hawking can do it, why can't we? =)