xisto Community
mrdee

How Do I Find My Mysql Password? [resolved] Cannot access my MySQL

After all the recent problems, my account has been restored.I have setup my parked domain agin, and that works fine.However, I can no longer access my MySQL databases (I can from PHPMyAdmin, but that's all).I had to create a new user for my databases, and created the user with exactly the same username and password I had before, but some of my web pages do not let me access the pages I have associated with my databases.Where could i find out what my DB password is? (Although I am as good as sure I am using the right one).I have tried my old password, the new cpanel login Xisto gave me, the new password I set, all to no avail.Who can help please?

I would suggest that you drop in a support ticket to have your MySQL restored and see if that works, because the only other way I know to get your password back if you had a back of your MySQL databases before the crash and that will restore your DB's again.

did you not forget to tick the boxes for the privileges you are to bestow on your db user? that's the usual problem, insufficient db user access rights... apart of course from incorrect db username and password. ;)

if you're talking about stuff like forums and blogs that have access to the database you can look in either the configure.php or settings.php files. these should have the database name and password that you used to install them.

did you not forget to tick the boxes for the privileges you are to bestow on your db user? that's the usual problem, insufficient db user access rights... apart of course from incorrect db username and password. ;)

serverph is right, my database still was there except there were no registered users so I had to create them and then all the privileges.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.