xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Dem0nfire's Irrlicht Test Bed *gasp* Its 3D

Hello everyone,

Anyone here who does know me, knows that I've been doing game development for a few years now. I've been programming games in Ruby for around three years or so now, and it has been a lot of fun. After about a year and a half of programming games with ruby I decided to learn how to develop websites with PHP. About another year and a half later I am quite fluent with each of these languages and have my tendrils in so many PHP and Ruby projects now it's actually pretty funny. I continue, of course, to learn new things all the time in each of these, but for the most part I know what I am doing in each. Now I have decided it is time for me to learn a new language-- C++.

I a few days ago (Actually, it was Friday ;) ) I started reading a book called "Learn C++ in 21 Days". I got through the first six days in an hour and decided that this book was too easy and was not going to teach me what I wanted to know. I prefer to learn through practice anyway. I then decided to learn 3D programming at the same time as C++. Since friday I have been using the Irrlicht High Performance 3D Engine to teach myself C++. I didn't want to lock myself in with an end-goal for the project, so I decided to create a game where I would decide to add features as I felt I needed to learn them, and this is where DeM0nFiRe's Irrlicht Test Bed comes from. I've started a blog to record my experiences with it, and I will share that with you guys now:

First post, posted on Sunday: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (Contains Screenshots)

Second post, posted Monday: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (Contains Screenshots and a Demo!)

Wow Demon that is amazing work! But I'm wondering one thing... why haven't I seen this before? You should really post such amazing work on your own domain lol.But still I did not know that you were capable of such wonderful work, maybe I should attempt to learn C++...

Haha, nice. I actually forgot to post it on our site. Well I am working on DeM0nFiRe's Irrlicht Test Bed 2 V1.0.0 now, so I should have more soon. The reason I am making a completely new version branch for this (I.e., this new one is Test Bed 2 v1 not Test Bed V2) is because the old one was programmed very messily and so I am starting a new one from scratch. Hopefully within a couple weeks I should have more to show you guys!