xisto Community
bishoujo

Official: Can't Access My Cpanel - Supports From Admins

Scroll down to Post #8 for Admin Support

Ok I've read stuff here and there in the support forum and shoutbox about the recent Xisto server problem. I'm extremely confused. Some people say that their websites are working fine. Some people are experiencing different issues from mine, had their website reset or something. I can access my website on the gamma server, so I assume that if I unpark and park my domain again, I can get it to work like the last time. I accessed my cpanel at bishoujo.trap17.com/cpanel because the 'Access CPanel' link on the forum didn't work. But I can't log in with my username and password.

I read something about having to reset cpanel passwords, which will cost 10 credits. Yet some people say they are not getting the new password emailed to them, so I'm not going to take a risk with this. However, if this applies to all members, I wonder if the 10 credits can be waived. After all, I would have kept using the same password for the rest of the time I'm being hosted here if not for problems like these that are not the fault of mine. I'm sure people who have less than 10 credits will be worried and indignant about this too.

And do not ask me to visit other topics. I've checked out the relevant threads. They don't answer my question and get me even more confused. I'd like an answer from someone who is actually in the know. If there is no answer yet, let me know and I'll wait for an official announcement.

Apologies if I sound frustrated and impatient. I understand that the admins are probably just as bothered about the problem, if not more than I am. I'm not annoyed with the downtimes. I understand that its unavoidable, even for paid hosting. But I'm more bothered with the fact that there is no organized method of summarizing all the problems and solutions for members, and we have to do a lot of experimentation and spend time looking for answers (or rather speculations) all over the forum.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I to am having the exact same issue. At one stage I wasn't able to access anything the manage page the cpanel and even my forum account. Just as i was about to start spamming the forums i read a few things and found out i wasn't the only one... But all i can really do now is get my credits up so my free host isn't terminated.I am quite sure these things do happen and im even more certain that these issues can be resolved, it may just take time.

Everyone needs to chill and understand that there isn't a simple fix that will magically bring your websites back online. Something screwed up and obviously it wasn't their intention so just try to understand. There are way too many variables involved in this hosting service to provide a quick fix when things go wrong. Your having trouble not getting into cpanel so maybe you should just try the password reset just like many of us did. Yes some did not get the email but that could be from a number of reasons not related to Xisto. I found the email in my junk folder from one of my email addresses I hardly use anymore. If you don't want to risk only 10 credits to get your account back then you will have to wait till they fix it.

Great, I am rally happy that i went through this thread.I was under the assumption that there was some problem from my side and i was souble checking my passwords and stuffs. I even typed it very slowly once to make sure i am typing the right thing. But still no luck.I am not able to access the site space via ftp also. It spits some error - I mean authentication failed. So...Now i am happy that this is global and nothing has to be done from my side. It would be great, if something comes up so soon to get this resolved. ;)Thanks all.

Pretty much when the DB crashed, odds are the cpanel passwords were reset to some other value and in order to get this you need a new password to get in. There are two ways either pay the 10 credits and get a email with your new password or get a hold of Xisto - Support and get them to send you a cpanel password.

Let's make this the main topic regarding cpanel support.It is now clear to me that all hosted members are affected by whatever recent updated that was performed. And I'm not talking about DC migration. This cpanel access issue started on or around June 20th, 2008 (well after successful DC migration).Here are key causes so far:1) cpanel password does not work2) naturally, due to cpanel password your FTP does not work3) all your add-on domains fail to load4) all your parked domains fail to loadI will fix #1 and #2 using WHM. So do not use Manage page to reset your password. I was hoping hosted members would keep an eye on this topic. It's going to be a lot of work on my part but at least I can do for you guys. You guys have been very patient so far.#3 and #4 need to be fixed once you access your cpanel and re-addon or park. Just add your domain and give the same folder name as before, i.e. public_html/add-on_folderPost as reply to this topic saying, "please reset my password" and I can see your forum username, cpanel name and will PM you as soon as I can. And please consider that I am not here all the time but will get to your request as soon as I can.Thanks.

please reset my password

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
PM'ed new password.

Please reset my password. Thanks!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Sent new password.

Let's make this the main topic regarding cpanel support.
It is now clear to me that all hosted members are affected by whatever recent updated that was performed. And I'm not talking about DC migration. This cpanel access issue started on or around June 20th, 2008 (well after successful DC migration).

Here are key causes so far:

1) cpanel password does not work
2) naturally, due to cpanel password your FTP does not work
3) all your add-on domains fail to load
4) all your parked domains fail to load

I will fix #1 and #2 using WHM. So do not use Manage page to reset your password. I was hoping hosted members would keep an eye on this topic. It's going to be a lot of work on my part but at least I can do for you guys. You guys have been very patient so far.

#3 and #4 need to be fixed once you access your cpanel and re-addon or park. Just add your domain and give the same folder name as before, i.e. public_html/add-on_folder

Post as reply to this topic saying, "please reset my password" and I can see your forum username, cpanel name and will PM you as soon as I can. And please consider that I am not here all the time but will get to your request as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Also there are some hosting accounts in which DB's need to be completely restored as well because the db names are deleted as well.

Just a reminder instead of making a most about asking for a new password just om buff or use the report button and list your forum name and website and tell them that you need a password as well. Also another fact please go through the forums before making a new topic about this issue because it seems people are quick to post a new topic when it comes to having problems with their account without checking first.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

If you contact Xisto - Support, then they will reset your password without any credits, and probably fix other things, too.

Does contacting Xisto - Support always reset your password without credits? Ugh, why didn't I know that before? I already spent the 10 credits to reset my password just to find out that my cPanel still isn't accessible. So if we want to reset our password, we can just go to Xisto - Support anytime? I never really understood why we have to pay credits to change our password, especially since most people do it because of support reasons.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
No. Contacting Xisto - Support does not always reset your password. However, OpaQue is made aware of our situation and has instructed support staffs to assist me during resetting period.