xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyy26

Mike And The Mad Dog Could Be Over

There was a story in newsday that said that the mike and the mad dog show could come to the end because of the dis functional relationship between Chris Russo and Mike Francesa. In fact, the next scheduled broadcast is not until July 11. Reached on vacation Saturday night, Francesa flatly said, "No comment." Russo, meanwhile, denied knowledge of a potential breakup, and said that his contract, including a no-compete clause, runs through October of 2009. "That is news to me," he said. "I have not heard that... That is fascinating information." Later, he added, "The only thing I can say is I am signed under contract for another year and a half. I don't think WFAN is going to let me out of that... I wish I had leverage like that." Operations manager Mark Chernoff said Saturday night, "They are under contract, and we expect to have a nice, long run with 'Mike and the Mad Dog.'" Several WFAN staffers have observed them feuding off the air in recent months. Mike and the Mad Dog did have a bad start in the beginning because Mike wouldn't let Chris talk. I don't now how WFAN would recover from the show going under. Personally id like to see them put Steve Somers and Marc Malusis on together in the afternoon.