xisto Community
NJ_STORM

Current Situation With Trap17 Hosting Help, can not get to anything

Hi, Last night I had a very big suprise. I could not get to the forums at all. My site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ was still working then but not today. Today I could not even log in to anything. Site was down also. this is why the new account and name.Not sure what is happending here. If it is me or a Data base problem or worse hacked. I did get a notice that I had a PM, last night and that is when I noticed all of these.Anyone know what is going on or when if it can be fixed?TYJohn AKA Echo_of_thunderP.S.After looking around the forum, I also got a IPS Driver Errora few times

Edited by NJ_STORM (see edit history)

Yeah this is SM, I had to create a new account just to what was going on since that IPS Driver error yesterday, and from what I could surmise is that the databases suffered a huge crash yesterday and selective databases are corrupted or at least crashed. These include the following-member databases have crashed, except for any new accounts that have been created,-profile database is crashed-Xisto manage databases-all Xisto hosting accounts are down-selective IPS Driver errors across the forum, nowSo that is all I have found in error so far with this problem.

No idea, I got in contact with OpaQue last night when this happen and all I know is that he is aware of the situation, but I make sure ot pass another message along if I see him to what kind of status we are at.

Hey SM, since this is a very serious issue, it should be posted in the Alerts and Notices section. And any update on when it'll be back up?

I do have to agree it needs and should be added there. Just hope that this all can be fixed somehow

For those who created an account just to see whats going, don't get with tech support and let them know your website is down, they will reset it on you so bear with this downtime till we get answer as to what is going on.

Well, just to let you know... I'm pretty sure that they have a back up of things, so it should all get back to normal once they can get things sorted out. I think that they can fix it all because I ended up going to support last night a few hours after my site went down, when I couldn't log into the forums, and they worked with me to get it set up again. They created the accounts, and transfered their back up files so that my site was back up and running within an hour of my contacting them. I was very thankful for all the work they did for me. My hats off to them. The only thing they were unable to fix was my forum account, but that's working now too ;)

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)

I have just managed to fix my computer and get online again to discover my site is either down, or gone altogether. I still have a positive credit count. I don't have any idea what has happened. My sub-domain is rmxp.trap17.com, and my domain is rmxpunlimited.net. The domain doesn't work at all, but the sub-domain shows a page that is shown after an account is created, i think. I also cannot login to CPanel. I would like to get my site back up as soon as possible. I had also recently made a topic about an automated database back-up with no success. I really hope my database has not been deleted as it contains a lot of valuable data from the last back-up which is not at all recent.

It would appear there have been some problems with the server. There is already a discussion about it here. I assume Support are working to fix the problem, and your account should be working again soon. Thank you for your patience.

I got really nervous! At first I thought I had forgotten my password, so I clicked the "I've forgotten my password"-thingy. Neither of the options listed on the email I got worked, it said that they could not find my member ID. How fun. I desperately tried to find some staff member's email so someone could help me, but no. The one I found did not work. I could not post in the guest forum. Horrible.I really hope everything works out! I have not got anything of matter on my site, so I do not really care too much about that right now. Just happy that the forums seems okey. ;) I do not now if anyone managed to post a topic about this problem? If they someone did I missed it. Never really pay attention to such things.^^

I came home yesterday from being away from internet connection for 3 days and found my site didn't work, and then I tried to login here and it said my username didn't exist so I became concerned as I thought someone had hacked my account and got the name changed, but then this evening it is now up so I was glad I can login.My site is still down though ;)

yep my site doesn't work also. However now I am able to get to trap I hope that they will fix this serious issue very soon. Because this server transfer and all the things are just making so many bad things. I hope that they will get it in order soon.

I give a unofficial timeline of events now that the forums are back up and pople can log in normally.

Around 5-6 PM (-5:00 GMT) There was a IPS Drive failure on the forums, about 30 minutes -to hour later the forums came back up and that is where the problems begin.

The forums could not accept login in for for all active accounts before Saturday and the Xisto hosting was down in two ways:

People who visited ther own site got the Cpanel splash screen, anyone visiting another Xisto was got a 404 error. Through out hte day their were many IPS Driver errors through the forums, however, like me and a few hours, we discovered we could make a new logins and see what was going on. So I was poking around just to see what was affect and came to the conclusion that every single account disappeared. So I quickly figured out that something happen to the MySQL tables so most Xisto services were completely down.

So I went through the tech support and sadly they never new what was going on, because they reset my account to "try and fix the problem", which never worked. SO WHATEVER YOU DO PEOPLE, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CONTACT SUPPORT ABOUT YOUR DOWN WEBSITE and I tell you why.

I was able to get a hold of OpaQue and was starting to re upload the back up of all the account, and this was at 0030 GMT and so it will take awhile, and as for the reason what happen, I was correct. One of the Big MySQL databases got corrupted and it pretty much had everything in it. That is as much as I know and that he has told me about this and so most likely he will make a response to what has happen. So I beg everyone to have patience and pray that you also have backups of your websites as a secondary precaution.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I was about to create an account in here, but I've got my doubts about the seriousness of the admins.IE in Saint Michael's case I don't know how it can "take a while" to restore a MySQL dump. I mean, I'd understand if they had a major server failure or something, but it was just corrupted data, nothing that an older dump cannot recover.