xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shock

Tsunami.. Sorry 2 Say this..

Hello everybody!AS you may have heard, South east asia was struct by a Terrifying Underwater Earthquate called THE TSUNAMI.. I was wondering.. What would you have done if you were in south east asia?-I dont know.. Would never go there... LOL, but how about you?Regards,Shock.

God I don't know what I would have done. Im a little embarrassed to say that I dont know much about the tsunami... did they have any warning before it hit? If i had warning I could easily say that I would have ran inland or to high ground like crazy, but without any warning I would have probably had no choice but to throw my life to chance and pray that I survived. Its horrible the loss these people suffered and I cant even fathom the extent of anguish they must be going through.

No unfortunately there weren't any warnings so that people knew about for some time...there was a little girl who told everyone that tsunami was coming just a bit before it when she saw the sea go backwards because of the big wave and then she saved some people...I think it's horrible, people lost their homes, friends, family...it's awful to loose your home and all the things, but even worse is when you loose your friends and family...so I'm feeling really sorry for those whose friends & family died and happy for those who survived :rolleyes:I think I wouldn't have done anything just would have tried to escape somehow...nothing could be done, it was so suddenly...But it's really sad that that kind of disasters are happening in the world :)

Want to hear about a really disturbing thing?Some person, who taped the tsunami wave coming and washing people away, is selling those video shots on CD's! Personally, I wouldn't do this even if my home was washed away, and I was brought down on my knees to beg for food!He says that his video is a work of art! Bullsh*t! The truth is that he is making money by selling the pain and suffering of thousands of people in that video!!! SICK!I wonder what is it like to stand on your balcony, tape the whole thing happening, and observe people just being washed away one by one, having their faith sealed...

I wonder what is it like to stand on your balcony, tape the whole thing happening, and observe people just being washed away one by one, having their faith sealed...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's like the WTC attacks isn't it? People have a camera handy, they know they can't do anything about it, so they film it.

I agree with you about calling it art though, that's just wrong.

It's a really bad thing. US and Japan knew about the Earthquake. It wasn't registered 9.0+ yet. But when they did, they quickly contacted the countries embassies by embassies, but they were too late!I donated $CAD 25.12xboxrulz

hi... i'm from south asia... indonesia for sure.First of all, i would like to great thanks all of you for donating the tsunamis victim in Aceh, Thailand, Sri Lanka and some india.Actually tsunami can be predicted before it is happen. Geological device from japan are able to detect the uncommon move of water and then predict is as tsunami, but there is not enough such good technology in indonesia.The tsunami was happen last year is exactly 8.9 richter scale and ate more than 150.000 (the death toll is still rising up) victim i guess, 90.000 of them are from aceh, the province of indonesia which locate nearest the center of tsunami earthquake.Well if you don'tknow tsunami, i guess it has been learned in geographical class in your school. Tsunami is a great sea wave caused by earthquake deep below the sea. So the earthquake center is in the deepest sea in hindian ocean in south east asia. Actually, the great earthquake for even 20 richter scale will not cause tsunami if it is happen on low deep sea, but in last year case, it is happen on the very very deep ocean. tha's all i know.... thx

I happened to be at an eye appointment the day I heard about the tsunami. I was shocked at what I was seeing broadcast on the news. I watch as the death toll went from 4400 to 60000. I was horror-struck by some of the images I saw on the news and wished I could have done something. But, really, in these sorts of horrid accidents there isn't a thing you can do. All you can do is wait for things to settle down and help the people pick up the pieces afterward. It's probably very difficult for the people who lost family, friends and neighbors in the tsunami. But I'm also sure they will be able to put their lives back in order and move on, eventually. It will, of course, take some time. But they have my best of wishes that they find even the littlest of comfort.

yesterday, Toronto had one of the biggest concert. "Canada for Asia" was a tribute concert by CBC. It had alot of famous Canadian stars together playing at the concert. It was broadcast live here: canadaforasia.caxboxrulz

I thought this topic would be posted a long time ago, but anyways, I think the tsunami was a disaster! Soo many people died and a lot more lost their family and shelters! I donated a few dollars and I hope everyone whos have the ability to donate should donate a few cents! I wonder how long it will take to rebuild that place!