xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jjuuaann1

Computer Vs Xbox 360 And Ps3 You choose

Computer VS Xbox 360 And PS3  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Computer Good Stuff

A lot of Entertainment .
Can do many stuff.
Share.
Chat.
And more.
Go Online

Bad Stuff About Computer

Games lag.
You can get virus.
Freeze.
Computer crash.
You have to worry if the graphic card is good for the game

Good Stuff About Xbox 360 And PS3

Dont have to worry if the graphics card can handle the game.
Play online.
More games in store and more cheat.

The Best Stuff About Xbox 360 And PS3

Is hard to shoot with a joystick.
Chating with a control can be frustrating.
Cant do many stuff as computer.

**NOTES THIS IS MY OPINION**

Why dont you tell me your opinion ;)

All three are computers and the most effective is the basic computer consisting of more parts and interfaces that can be modified, where as 360/ps3 have a set graphics set motherboard and all the rest of it, nothing is upgradeable whereas there is a different story altogether with normal computers, everything is upgradeable. Another thing to add about consoles is that they can only play games mainly and when you turn that around to computers theres another whole different story again!I am also pretty sure you can add all of the Bad things about computers to the bad lists of the PS3 and Xbox, as those statements could fairly well be more than capable of happening. MANY MANY more things are capable with normal computers than consoles, the list could go for years but there is one thing to remember that the consoles are classed as restricted whereas computers are classed as open!

Edited by litchy (see edit history)

It depends..For pure gaming: Consoles are MUCH better. I think there are too much people using Computers for gaming. The problem with computers is that you need to know what you are doing.With consoles:.) You don't need to know anything about security: Everyone can install a virus scanner, but I'm speaking about preventing attacks. Virus scanners are more or less forensic tools. They only work, if there is no virus - which disables the scanner - is installed and are only able to find viruses, which keep their signature and don't 'mutate'. All these stupid games need admin privilegs, which you shouldn't grant to all that games, if you care about security. You should _really_ know your system..) You don't need to know anything about hardware: There are a lot of people buying a FULL(!) new computer for games. Oh, and there a still people who say that the CPU makes your computer fast. They buy new CPUs for new games. While CPU Power is good, most people need new graphic cards or memory for their new games. This relusts in a lot of waste. Your console is longer up2date..)....But I'm not that much of a gamer... I'm playing some web games or poker, if I'm bored. It would be a waste, if I would buy a console (or a graphics card or something).Oh and what really would be needed is something like a console PC. Whith standard (gaming) hardware, which is faster, requires less power and works with all that games out there. Maybe with an OS in ROM, to secure from viruses.

Replying to jjuuaann1Replying to reezerComputer.And to reezer - it wont happen. The closest thing is ps3+linux but , major BUT if a console could do everything a computer could do, it wouldnt be a console now would it.And a computer with specs to match the xbox360 or ps3 would cost upwards of �600 or $900 (probably much more) the reason the consoles are cheap is because 'restricted' and thus can only play games and what the manufacturer intented where as a computer and do almost anything technical

computers are way better. yes the screens are smaller but the other day i decided to play halo on a friends xbox and i usually pwn him in halo but he smashed me because its so hard to control with a console controller. there impossible with pc you use one hand to control the mouse and one hand to move. the pc mouse is a lot easier to control with than a joystick. but maybe its just me but thats my opinion.

The big difference is that a computer is a computer, and an XBOX/PS3 is a console, made for gaming and entertainment. It's a very hard decision. A computer is great, you can install programs, access the internet, customize the computer and lots more. There are so many things you can do on the computer. But there are some problems with it. First of all, I do agree with you here. It is true that computers can slow down due to programs, and its easy to be hacked, and not all graphic cards are compatible with every PC game available. Also, on PC's, you don't always have to buy games, you can get free demos online or play games online, but you'll require Adobe Shockwave/Flash Player/Java for most games.A console, however, is great for gaming. It can entertain you when your bored and more. But it's not much like a computer. You can't really customize it the way you want it, or download programs etc. Also, you won't have to worry about the graphics card, the game won't lag what-so-ever. There is also a less chance of catching a virus on the console, which is great about it. But to use a console, you need a working tv.... and a good one! One more thing, on a console you'll need games to play. Overall, I recommend everyone should have atleast 1 PC, and a good gaming console (ofcourse, with a tv and a few games). If you have both, you'll be fine and you'll never get bored.

Computer would win every time because all the old game I have brought over the years STILL play even on my newest computer and if my old com didint have the grunt my newer one usually dose. A console is a hardwere device that you are stuck with untill your preferd company decides to put out a new one that can catch up with the computers with mean GPs to keep you hooked and give them more money. And the fact that a company would put a game out for one divice only and not the rest is short sighted. I want a game cd that is compatible with all 3 or play a game on my computer against a 360 and ps3 users too (MOH for instants). And I'm sure my mouse will be on better target than a controller joystick

This is tough.Computers are complicated. They have more features, more stuff to worry about, but at the same time, a lot of people have them which means that if you were to install a game, say.... World of Warcraft, you'd see over 500,000 Players playing. Yet as fun as that can be, you'd have to Patch up, worry about viruses, and more.The XBOX 360 is simple. You can pay to get Online to play with other players, or you can play locally. (Alone, by yourself... or with a friend in the same room.. lol) Yet you only need to install few game and system patches. And there will be no need to installing games.And then theres the PlayStation 3 (PS3). Many many stupid game and console patches which are very annoying. HOWEVER, if you have internet in your house, you can connect it to the Playstation 3 to play online for FREE. Which is, In my opinion, the best part about it. PS3 has little games though.

Depends on what I want to do, Computers have many more functions but if you're after a pure gaming experience, you can't really beat the PS3 when it comes to graphics. And plus when I hook it up to my TV i get an awesome sound system to go with it too, and a much larger screen (50 inch TV), which makes for much better gaming experience than my 20 inch LCD monitor.Some games (like GTA) i actually prefer to play on the PC due to the type of controller (I just find the game console controllers hard to use with this type of game).Some PC games like world of warcraft etc I never really got into and don't play much. I mainly play RPG's and racing games so a console is great for that.It's a pretty hard choice, and I would prefer not to make one and just buy both :P (which I have already done)

I see a comment about pc's are so difficult to use and manage and play on... If you say that then you must be one heck of a noob...I'm telling you even if you don't know much about pc's ... A pc can do twice as much as a console... First reason is cause of that damn aggravating controller... Jeesh mouses are so not as a pain...Get console if you want... Most of the time people discourage others buying a pc is because they are a noob and have no pc knowledge what so ever... Cause it doesnt take any know how to buy a console and a game and put the disc in... Well it doesnt take much know how to put the dvd into the disc drive and click install and one or two nexts and tell it where you want it to save the game files... Is it that hard??? even a dummy can do it...-reply by jack sparrow

PC all the way. The graphics and processing power of the PC alone should make it a clear choice. The reason that consoles have to good RTS's is not only because of the controls, but also that they cannot handle the mass battles of games like the Total War series. A console you have to buy a complete new one every generation and have to decide between all the exclusives. For PC, you only have to spend 50 bucks here and there and it can keep running games on a much better graphical scale than consoles do. Plus MAG is the only game that there is for consoles (when it comes out) that can match BF2 for PC in both player and map size. On another note, a 32" T.V. With a resolution of whatever by 728 and a 60 Hz refresh rate versus a 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920 by 1200 and a refresh rate at or above 75 Hz.

You really can't compare them in terms of what they can and can't do, as computers are used for more than pure entertainment. If we're talking games alone, it's still hard to compare. You can't compare graphics, because a computer's graphical power varies greatly from one to the next. You can't compare game controls, as anyone can give a computer a gamepad, while consoles don't have the luxury of a mouse. They're two totally different pieces of equipment if you ask me. It's like trying to compare a cellphone to an MP3 player; they have things in common, but they have totally different purposes. :lol:

You really can't compare them in terms of what they can and can't do, as computers are used for more than pure entertainment. If we're talking games alone, it's still hard to compare. You can't compare graphics, because a computer's graphical power varies greatly from one to the next. You can't compare game controls, as anyone can give a computer a gamepad, while consoles don't have the luxury of a mouse. They're two totally different pieces of equipment if you ask me. It's like trying to compare a cellphone to an MP3 player; they have things in common, but they have totally different purposes. :P

Well I totally agree on your opinion, the fact that people want to compare a PC to a Console, it's a stupid Idea. The graphical ability in a computer is far greater than that of a PS3 or an Xbox 360. I also agree to your coment; "You can't compare game controls, as anyone can give a computer a gamepad". I use a gamepad on my PC, I used to play Prototype now I play Dark Sector. :lol: