xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

I Hate It When People Come To Look At Our House.

Well, at first I didn't have a problem with that- people coming to look at our house. But what happened today changed that.

For anyone who has ever moved/sold their house, you know what having someone look at your house is like.

Now I'm one of those people who is so neurotic about people stealing my stuff that I do/did the following things:

I put everything upwards of 50$ in my safe.

I put all breakable items out of the reach of little ones

I sleep with my cellphone (I am a freak, I know this.)

I make sure my cellphone and iPod are with me at all times.

I have multiple signs up in my room that say don't touch anything.

I hide the safe in which I put everything.

I hide my laptop.

Now, you think that if I do those things everyday, I won't have any problems when people come and look at our house, right?

WRONG!

The people who came and looked at our house appearently had a little girl, who wasn't much older than about six or so. Well, I AM your typical girly girl who loves stuffed animals, and shiny glittery things, and I also love the beach and some Asian things.

I had two Hawaiian necklaces (I forgot what they are called) in my room and a small Japanese fan.

Well I come home after these people leave, and I was really hot. So I decide to turn the overhead fan in my room on. Well, with the horrid Texas heat, it wasn't enough (hey, I'm a fat kid, okay?) And so I get my small hand fan (like the ones that open and close [the Japanese fan]) and I open it and decide to use it. Well, a couple of the little foldy-thingies (I have no idea what those are called lol) are messed up and the fan won't close properly, but it wasn't that big of a deal because I could still use it right? NO! It was messed up.

I also had the Hawaiian thingies strung about my room.

Well, me being as OCD about having people at our house as I am, I KNEW nobody in our family could have caused this mess. After all, we were at my grandmother's house.

The people who came and looked let the little girl go through my room and play with my things. This pissed me off to no end. If you've read some of my previous posts here, you know that badly behaved children are one of my pet peves. I mean, behaving bad in public is bad enough, but when you go to someone's house and mess with their stuff and don't even bother to fix/replace it? That's just low.

I also noticed alot of my things were not in their proper place.

I swear I was so pissed.

Well, moral of the story is, if you have something that some stupid kid would want to play with, put it in your safe along with the rest of your things. Sadly though, my safe is like a table-top safe and will only hold my cladough rings, my money, my camera, my bluetooth curnel, and my iPod and cellphone.

Also, if you are moving and plan on taking your small children to look at a house with you, keep them on a short leash. . . or better yet, don't take them at all so you don't have to have their imput on the house and you don't have to deal with their pissiness when you end up not going through with the house.

meheh I totaly agree with you.I had the same 2 years ago, we where going to sell our hous and people came in to look what our hous looks like.And of cours they had theire children with them (I also don't like those kidz).My room is very dangerous, there are alot of sharp objects (knives and weapon gadgetz, comp bows and an indian poison bow).And also my very very expensive fossil collection.And I came home from school and went to my room and saw one of those kidz fooling around with my turtle, (I really wished he snapped the kid his fingers off).so I have now something like a lock on my room (when you grab the handlebar you get buzzed ;) )But the easiest way is to tell your parents that you don't want any kidz on your room.

Looking at ones house is one way o openly saying we here to judge you. So being judgemnatl may be fine but what it then leads to is what is quite disastrous. It may lesad tom making concluding remarks about ones being as well as their upobringing. So I hate when any comes to look at my house. ;)