xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhruv

Installing And Running Glype Proxy

Ok so say i want to run a glype proxy on my hosting. I downloaded and uploaded he .zip file to the public root file and extracted it. What to do now how will i make it work?How do i make any scripts or anything work?Any tutorial links is much appreciated, as i don't know how to use the cpanel to it's full extent and the video tutorials aren't that useful for other things.Thanks.

You don't extract it to "root", you extract the zip in the "public_html" folder, where then you would type in your URL bar "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; or where-ever the install directory is located, and follow the instructions, but if it requires a MySQL database set-up, then log in into cPanel, scroll down, and click "MySQL databases", create a new database, and a new user, grant all permissions for the user to that database, and put in your MySQL details, which should be "yourtrap17subdomain_databasename", and user "yourtrap17subdomain_useraccount", and just type in password normally...You should be all right to go... if you have any problems, go check the manufacturer's manual/FAQ, or just ask us here, at Xisto! :D

Glype Proxy will not be allowed to remain in your hosting if you're using Xisto Free Web Hosting.Continuing to operate Glype Proxy or any other proxy service/server on Xisto Free Web Hosting will result in immediate termination and possible permanent ban.Thank you.