xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
csp4.0

Site5's "dream Hosting Package" Really Exactly as Computinghost described

So... Mods/Admins... This ain't a review... this topic was designed to be a discussion on the "DREAM package"... But if you feel that this topic is posted in the wrong section of the forum, please by all means, move it... :D

Anyway...

So today, I was searching the web and came across a website with advertisements to their host "Site5", so I clicked on that link and guess what I saw?

Total Freedom Plan!

Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited Webspace

Unlimited Websites!

and only $5.00/m

And WOW! I thought! This is such a fake!

I mean, I was searching up webhosts about 2 years ago and found this place where you can order web-hosting... One of my online friends was hosted with them, and he referred me to it... It had about the same as Xisto for about $1.50/m and you can order more, I was just playing around with what they have to offer, and there was an option for "Unlimited Bandwidth" and "Unlimited Webspace", after checking those checkboxes, the monthly price quickly jumped to around $150.00/m...

So I so do not believe that a webhost provider can legitimately have "Unlimited Bandwidth", "Unlimited Webspace" just for $5.00/month! That's horrendous!

And so, I decided to "dig deeper", and found this at the bottom of their "hosting packages" page...

The Fine Print (Just kidding... we would never trick you.)

Monthly fees listed on this page are valid with a 60 month pre-paid contract. Increased monthly fees and setup fee may apply to shorter contract terms.

Bandwidth overage is charged at a rate of $2.50/GB

Site5 will install personal SSL Certificates (purchased separately from a third party) for a one time fee of $15. The $15 fee is for installation only and does NOT include the price of the certificate itself.

Additional IPs are not available--only one IP address is allowed per account

And read it... But it said "Unlimited Bandwidth", so why would there be a "Bandwidth overage is charged at a rate of $2.50/GB", and you'd have to sign a 60-month contract...

But maybe it is real, but the support and uptime is so bad, it forces people to quit paying them a large amount of moneyto compensate for the huge loss...

I'd say, if anything looks dodgy or doesn't add up, don't do/try it! No really, DON'T!

So, what's YOUR opinion?