xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ampdms

Odinms Vs. Nexon

Yai64,OdinMS WAS the first private server, though it was private, as in, they did not release their source so other people could create their own. In fact, TitanMS was the SECOND PServer, coded entirely differently, and they released their source first. OdinMS was sued because of being the root of many private servers including mine. Also here is what Nexon did in the scheme of things:1. Sued Odin...Still going through the lawsuit.Then nothing happened for a while...A few sorce owners merged OdinSnow>OdinTeh>FlowsionMS, and now they are on the latest MS version, .61. Theres alot more to this part, but I dont feel like typing it.2. koolk (Owner of TitanMS) Arrested for repacking WZ files, and adding stuff like pacman and KFC and such. People say this is karma for not releasing his source and wz repacking after v.58.3. FlowsionMS Is being shut down (Forums are still up). And Flowsion the owner got a call from Nexon claiming that the shutdown letter is true...and then here is what they also told him: "Vana will be the next we take a look at."Dont know what Vana is? Vana is the v.61 TitanMS source, just like Flowsion is the v.61 Odin. Not owned by the main Odin and Titan creators.That is all.-Przn

OpinionOdinms Vs. Nexon

Hi all,

My opinion on nexon is that,, nexon didn't make maplestory at first, cuz Wizet did.As second its a game and nexon could have seen that there would come private servers anyway.I think nexon aint even worthy to have copyright on maplestory, and I feel bad for them that they will never be able to sue all servers anyway. People that don't simply wanna play for years to get a decent account go to play private servers. And I agree with them.For everyone here that doesn't want to quit his server it's simple.Just change all info you have about urself and the server. If they find you for the second time close it and if they want you to pay a ticket jsut say its an odinms source or titanms source and blame them. Because at last who actually made the cource? I don't believe it were the people that use the sources.Greetings,Nexon - hater Deagan

-reply by Deagan Otterspeer

They just a useless man.. Ok.. Although (maybe)odin take nexon 's code to make private server, but the first company who borned maple was KOREA...KOREA!!nvr even sueing odinms anything..Nexon so extra ..Act noob...Play real ms is just wasting your time..Why play maple..Juz can experience the skill and get your characters look nice..Not like nexon, juz a gachapon, waste so much money.. I very pity the people who gachaponed a power elixier or pet scroll..Nexon is cheating children's money.And ruined studen's study..If the children can juz play the skill.. Ya. You are right..Maybe they still will play very long..But they wont use much $ to buy the cashcard..Do you all know? some children got family problem.. But the children still wan to play maple..They don't eat their lunch..And save money just for a cashcard..Ya..Maybe is not nexon's problem..But nexon wont think that is cheating children's money?? if they can set the exp x10..Also enough..But they just don't want...AND I WANT TO SAY THIS.. HOW ODIN GET THE CODESOURCE? IS there any mistake then let odinms ACCIDENTALLY SEEN THE SOURCE AND TOOK IT.. OR I MAYBE CAN SAY NExon got spy who given out the code? that's not impossible ..Do you know that? I don't think odinms got superman's talent and stolen nexon's code...SO don't BE A FOOL AND LET OTHER MAPLER LAUGH AT you(MAPLE NEXON).. Dude Japan *BLEEP*ing Copied Korea anyway KOREA STARTED THE MAPLESTORY BUISNESS AND THEY GOT LEAFRE WHEN WE GOT V5?~V59 SO KOREA FTW! OK for all the people who dont know Korea was the one to Start The maplestory Buisness

-reply by Mapler

Edited by Rikiimaru (see edit history)

KOREA STARTED MAPLE U *BLEEP*ING IDIOT ! and JAPAN COPIED KOREA!SO DID AMERICA BUT NEXON IS Krn/American Company So Beat it u idiot who thinks Japan started maple and Korea Made Maple for those who dont know

-reply by Mapler

odinms vs nexonOdinms Vs. Nexon

nexon vs odinms

odinms is guilty of scripting wz files from wizet but nexon has no claims on wz files they only bought the game not the files 

nexon is guilty of making false claims on wz files

in conclusion this trial is pretty much useless

-reply by jake

All Nexon cares about is the cash, they are too greedy. Nexon just wants to sue them for all the money they have lost that month. But yes, as most people know, Odin is getting sued yet again, but this time for 500,000! (they lose more by the month eheeheehee) Most private server players also know that nexon attually sent threats to all the private severs big and small, suing them for the same amount if they didn't shut down. (all they had to do was take out the download links and clain they r closed while they open up a new forum/website)

The real Maplestory is a "challenge" for people... Compared to what? Private servers are the same exact experiance that you get in Maple Story, it's just multiplyed. For all those defending Nexon... How much have you spent on cash cards? How much time did you waste of your life to get to level 70? I wasted 2 hours to get to 200, and I rebirthed so I could experiance it all over again, but in a different way, with a different job. In private servers you are also able to attually see the Administrators and Game masters. When's the last time you saw an admin or gm, or even and intern in maplestory? People will also be able to apply for these jobs in private servers, it's not for payment, but just for the fun of it. You don't want an immature child being a curropt GM in a server, provide proof to the owner and he gets ban!

When it comes to hacking in maplestory these day, people won't even notice it. People are able to hack in a varriety of ways, they can hack Nexon Cash, they can hack monsters spawning, they can even hack if monsters are able to attack them or not. Normal plaThey don't know that there are bypasses that are easally changable. If you can track the bypass, you are able to change one number in the code(22 to 23) and boom, you're in! If you played Private servers it's very easy to spot hackers, you should try them out some time.

The real truth of the matter is that its fake. I knew FRZ (serpendium) met on rage zone before he released in java or even got it off the ground. Way before he even started working on it. Serpendium is a dude. Lets start with that. Second of all, on april fools he made the same prank of being "sued". In due case, he just couldn't keep paying the server prices and wanted to prove a private server could be made about maplestory. There's alot I won't say. But I do know that this is just a way to get out of keeping a server up without upsetting anyone. It's very easy to fake "being sued"

-reply by person

Guys, I look at some people ( E.G Nexon ) and I see what we have become.

If nexon wants people to play Maplestory then they should do something EXCITING that would get poeple into it. Not long ago I think in June / July they released a event were if you join you get some free NX clothes. That was good but come on NEXON you can do better. 

The only reason why more poeople play private servers  is because people don't want to CRACK their heads just to get1 level up in 12 hours. ( Fangblade is a addict so we cant consider him as a P.S person ). So they come to a Private Server community.

I went back to read all the post and I agree with iGuest, its exactly what I am trying to say.

Nexon is just being a pain in the *bottom*. OdinMs creators should not be scared in this case. Trust me, all nexon wants is to PUT something out there about private servers and the consequences. So they could stop other people from making PrivateServers.

-reply by Mutte

why should maplestory sue them for a private server anyway. They are more helpfull than nexon's ms :S first nexon kick euro out of global leaving Europe with a lower patch and crappy stuff then they sue private servers and you think that in the private servers gm's come more times to help than nexon has its just stupid! You can choose what you want to play so its your choice. If 1 private server goes down the others will(thats what nexon think)but most people wouldnt play the real ms anyway. Either have fun against bosses and everything on private servers or spend ages grinding just to get 1 more level. Simple really, private servers win nexon fails

-reply by Dogs Diner

I really think nexon is getting REALLY retarded now.I mean, they fooled me into buying Nx for no apparent reason! *** is this s**t and people are so into the game, they cant even do homework or eat. Nexon is killing life here and should be stopped. They're a dirty company who makes money out of little children, and private servers, whats wrong with them? I think nexon is just getting rid of the private servers to earn more money. Since people are playing for free in private servers nexon thinks their losing money so they would get rid of them. Its just total chaos how nexon strives to get money.

actually i like the private servers such as odinms and titanms too! but i stopped played ms a year ago! i used to run a private server on my dedicated server. but i quit cause it got to boring.

I agree about the whole cracking of heads thing. It drives people crazy. Sometimes you just wanna cruise and have a good time. Let's exclude the hardcore gamers who want to be sitting there at four in the morning waiting for those next few exp points because they're just slightly obsessed. For of use (ie me and a lot of you) we want something we can play for like an hour, get somewhere and then go do something else so it's a hobby rather than a full time occupation. I mean in the end Nexon will still make cash of all those hardcore gamers, the people who don't know about and private severs and the purists so just leave the PSers alone.  

-reply by NumberSeven

Nexon had a right to sue OdinMS. Private server are no fun because all you do is train

In the real maplestory u actually have TO WORK. So all the other Private server creators out there a probally against nexon, Even the Creators of Odin had to go to COURT!because maplestory said COPYRIGHT. But they just made a private server and copied ALL of nexons stuff

So MapleGlobal is 100x better.

-reply by kobster300

I honestly don't get why Nexon would sue OdinMS. OdinMS has its own snall faults, but Nexon has several large ones in return. First of all, as much as I'd hate to say this, Nexon is a pretty successful company already with its millions of users worldwide. So why sue private servers for those small monthly losses? They have plenty of money to spare already? OdinMS did not do anything to harm Maplestory, or their company in general. Second of all, Nexon does not own the rights to the files that were created. All original music files and game creation files in general belong to Wizet and Korea alone. And why make cash items temporary? Simply because they are greedy. [That explains the horrible noob choices at the start of the game...] At least Private servers give people (who are either cheap or poor) a chance to get free cash items without paying a single dime of their own. Third of all, OdinMS may have shared a small portion of the punishment for re-scripting WZ files, but that still gives Nexon no excuse to sue a seemingly innocent company over files that are not their own. In conclusion, Nexon does NOT deserve to win. However, OdinMS would not get away that easily either, as they have certain responsibilities. In other words, this trial is overall, a sad, meaningless spar to nowhere. The end.